essential zone file

From: voltagemx (voltagemx_at_discussions.microsoft.com)
Date: 08/14/04

Date: Fri, 13 Aug 2004 18:07:03 -0700

when i try to download the essential zone file it just freezes up my internet
explorer.... i've tryed to uninstall all zone files and then it wont let me
re-install them so i have to do a system restore to get them back help me plz

Relevant Pages

  • Re: DNS question
    ... that host our DNS ... This is address of your exchange server as seen on the Internet on public IP address under your control. ... ...and on that DNS i must put all the entries which is on the zone file of the public DNS also plus i must add the entry to must point to the internal IP - does this make sense? ... Make other necessary changes for other servers and services that must be visible from the Internet and Intranet. ...
  • Re: TCPIP: BIND: zone transfer questions
    ... My ISP has my "internet" zone file that has host names pointing to my ... I'd like to be able to update my remote "internet" zone file. ... allow-transfer; ... recursion yes; ...
    (comp.os.vms)
  • TCPIP: BIND: zone transfer questions
    ... My LAN-side DNS server serves LAN-side requests for my domain and provides LAN side IP addresses. ... My ISP has my "internet" zone file that has host names pointing to my internet IP address. ... Would the VMS zone transfer utilities allow me to have a totally separate zone file (unused by my local DNS server) and send it off to my ISP's DNS server? ...
    (comp.os.vms)
  • Forward First on Master Zone (bypass SOA)
    ... One of the challenges I've yet to overcome in my trials, is the ability to minimize the administrative overhead of maintaining two copies of the zone. ... If I understand this correctly, BIND should handle a query for host.example..com by first passing it through the configured forwarder, which should succeed (the record exists on the Internet). ... However, I believe since this server is also authoritative for this domain, and the record is not in this "view" of the zone file, I receive an NXDOMAIN. ... I've spent hours researching a way to accomplish this without any luck. ...
    (comp.protocols.dns.bind)
  • Re: essential zone file
    ... > when i try to download the essential zone file it just freezes up my internet ... i've tryed to uninstall all zone files and then it wont let me ... Read about the Repair Heartbeat utility on my home page. ...
    (microsoft.public.games.zone)