Re: error message for MSN messenger games (i have nowhere else to go!)

From: Godiva (contactOBVIOUS_at_zonetechs.com)
Date: 08/04/04

    Date: Tue, 3 Aug 2004 21:00:27 -0700

    Hi Jill,

    I received the following information in reply:

    The error indicates an error running one of the game library files included
    with the messenger installation (either missing or corrupted). The suggested
    solution would be to uninstall MSN messenger and reinstall it or simply
    re-run the installation file and select the repair option. to do the latter
    it may be necessary to download the installation file to the users hard
    drive then open the file to get the installation running.
    If that doesn't correct the problem try reinstalling and/or updating the
    macromedia flash web components.

    Note: It is suggested that you disable any antivirus programs when
    uninstalling or reinstalling MSN Messenger. Sometime an antivirus program
    can prevent a program from properly installing.

    Also, if you check in IE, tools -->Internet Options---> under temporary
    internet file, click settings --> view objects. In the downloaded programs
    folder you will see active X components for the games. (example, Solitare
    Showdown Class) If any component looks like

    {F6BF0D00-0B2A-4A75-BF7B-F385591623AF}

    it is corrupted and needs to be removed. You can right click a file and
    choose properties to see if the Active X Control indicates a codebase of
    http://messenger.zone.msn.com. This will tell you if the active X is related
    to MSN Messenger Games or another program you may have installed. To remove
    a corrupted Active X Component, right click the file and choose delete from
    the menu. Uninstall/reinstall Messenger. If you find a corrupted Active X
    related to another program you have installed, you will need to check your
    help/documentation related to that program for instructions.

    Best Wishes,

     +_Godiva
     MSN Games at Zone.com
    Technical Committee

    "Godiva" <contactOBVIOUS@zonetechs.com> wrote in message

    > The error messages in Messenger, leave much to be desired. At least at
    > zone.com when a launch fails due to ports, you get a failed to connect,
    > failed to launch or failed to detect <game> error message. I've sent a
    > zalert notice to zMaster regarding Jill's error. May take 48+ hours to get
    > reply. Hopefully, as a longer term improvement of service, some new,
    > informative, error messages can be added, as well.

    > ps. Elmo, the following MS KB page related to zone ports is gone.
    > http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;q159031
    >
    > +_Godiva
    > MSN Games at Zone.com
    > Technical Committee
    >
    > "+Elmo_Tech" <elmogeek@iglou.invalid> wrote in message
    > > Jill wrote:
    > > >
    > > > the single player games do work, with no problems, no
    > > > prompts(because i already have flash and stuff like that
    > > > downloaded and installed) but the msn messenger games
    > > > still do not work. As I have said before, when I click on
    > > > one of the msn messenger game links to invite a friend to
    > > > play, nothing happens. when I accept an invitation to play
    > > > from a friend, I get the error message I posted previously.
    > > >
    > > > and I don't know what 'Heartbeat' is for I do not have it
    > > > installed, nor do I have a link to it and nor am I
    > > > interested, but I thank you for trying elmo.
    > > >
    > > > I'm still having my problems, is there anything else that
    > > > may work that I don't have to wipe my hard drive for?
    > >
    > > Did you add a firewall? Did you get DSL or cable recently? If so, a
    > > firewall or router could be blocking ports needed to communicate.
    > >
    > > --
    > >
    > > +Elmo_Tech
    > > MSNŽ Gaming ZoneT - Technical Support
    > >
    > > Add clvck to the subject line and correct my address if you email me.

    • MSN Msngr Games - Known Issue List
      ... >> drive then open the file to get the installation running. ... >> uninstalling or reinstalling MSN Messenger. ... >> to MSN Messenger Games or another program you may have installed. ... > Thanks for the info Godiva; ...
      (microsoft.public.games.zone)
    • Re: error message for MSN messenger games (i have nowhere else to go!)
      ... > with the messenger installation. ... > uninstalling or reinstalling MSN Messenger. ... > to MSN Messenger Games or another program you may have installed. ... with MSNM the Heartbeat component is replaced by ActiveX components ...
      (microsoft.public.games.zone)
    • Re: error message for MSN messenger games (i have nowhere else to go!)
      ... the Messenger Games are not like the zone.com games nor use the ... zone servers but this is really an MSN messenger problem. ... own class (activeX) file. ...
      (microsoft.public.games.zone)
    • Problem installing Messenger version 6.2.
      ... I RECENTLY PURCHASED THE WINDOWS XP UPGRADE FOR MY HOME. ... INSTALLATION AND EVERYTHING WENT FINE BUT WHEN I TRIED TO ... UPGRADE MY VERSION OF MESSENGER I GET THE ... MSN Messenger setup has failed with error code: ...
      (microsoft.public.windowsxp.messenger)
    • Re: installation arbitrarily directed
      ... uninstall Messenger for some reason, you'll have to move it back). ... All posts unless otherwise specified are 2004 Jonathan Kay. ... >I have gotten to the place where I had to uninstall MSN Messenger to sav espace on my system ... > drive on my XP machine where the installation may be set? ...
      (microsoft.public.windowsxp.messenger)