Re: wont let me play online games..Help!

From: +-Nobody_U_Know_ (techie-no1_at_rogers.com)
Date: 02/27/04

Date: Fri, 27 Feb 2004 10:40:11 -0500

NOTE: bespelled is not friendly with any version of JAVA VM you will need to install the Microsoft version and uncheck use JAVA VM
and all options in the MS VM options group. Hexic is a flash based game.

As neither game runs and they are both using different plug-ins you should try repairing your installation of internet explorer:

For windows XP
Click start
select run
type in command
Click ok
on the DOS command line type in SFC /scannow
Insert the windows XP CD when requested.

For all other windows versions
Open control panel
open add/remove programs
Locate and select Microsoft internet explorer 6 and internet tools
click remove
on the next panel select repair
Clock ok

--
+_Nobody_U_Know_
Tech and Games Committees
"Cactusbrat" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:149dc01c3f904$8262e310$a501280a@phx.gbl...
Elmo.. Already tried the shockwave site.  I completely un-
installed my version and installed a new version.
Nothing!   The only thing I HAVE noticed, is that along
with the blank, white screen, where the game should be, I
hear a quick "zap" sound, even when I have my speakers on
mute.  Does this sound like a conflict somewhere?  Also,
once in a GREAT while, I can get HEXIC to play, but none
of the other single player games.  If I get HEXIC going,
as soon as I click off and then try to get it back again,
it won't.  Very curious.....

$a001280a@phx.gbl...
>> >Sophi, if you have any luck with this, I hope you'll
clue
>> >the rest of us in!  I have done EVERYTHING... that's
>> >EVERYTHING that has been suggested here, including ALL
>> >the suggestions from Elmotech and absolutely NOTHING
has
>> >worked!  I've uninstalled and re-installed Java, I've
>> >disabled JIT, I've done a system restore to a point
>> >previous to the Microsoft Update that caused all this
>> >mess, I've changed my Internet browser options, etc,
etc,
>> >ad nauseum.  This is now insane in the true
definition of
>> >the word.  Insane: doing the same thing repeatedly,
>> >expecting different results.  I've about had it with
>> >Microsoft and ZONE.  A lot of the single player games
can
>> >be found at different game sites, so if I'm desperate
>> >enough, I go to one of those.  Like I said, if you
find
>> >something else that works, please pass it along!  Good
>> >luck!

online virus
>scans:
>
>This one has a choice of a Quick or a Complete check.
The quick check
>could miss the virus.
>http://www.pcpitstop.com/
>
>Symantec
>http://security.symantec.com/default.asp?
productid=ssr&langid=ie&venid=sym

><url:http://security2.norton.com/us/home.asp?
j=1&venid=sym&langid=us&plfid=20&pkj=IHBEXIBVEMBQAUWZKTK>
>then click the Security check link.
>
>http://housecall.antivirus.com/   free online virus scan
>
>I had the same problem for awhile.  I didn't worry about
it because the
>games I wanted to play were available elsewhere and
worked with Netscape
>4.8.  But, when the Zone games went to the Shockwave
format, I tried
>again..  Still no luck, so I disabled Sun Java and
enabled the JIT
>compiler, and got better results.  Later I got the
latest version of
>Java VM, disabled JIT, updated the Shockwave applet and,
I believe all
>the games now work.
>
>--
>
>+Elmo_Tech
>MSNŽ Gaming ZoneT - Technical Support

clvck
>.

Relevant Pages

  • Re: [Full-Disclosure] Anti-MS drivel
    ... desktop OS Microsoft has ever made. ... Java is on running ... I do think there are Joe ComputerUser-ready linux ... I'll give you the games thing, ...
    (Full-Disclosure)
  • Re: yahoo games/msn games
    ... Online games are usually developed using Flash, Java, or Virtual Machine. ... The most likely solution to a problem with an online game is to install, upgrade, ... Check the Help / Support section of the game site in question for Java topics relevant to ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.games)
  • Re: yahoo games
    ... Online games are usually developed using Flash, Java, or Virtual Machine. ... The most likely solution to a problem with an online game is to install, upgrade, ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.games)
  • Re: yahoo games
    ... Online games are usually developed using Flash, Java, or Virtual Machine. ... The most likely solution to a problem with an online game is to install, upgrade, ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.games)
  • Re: yahoo games/msn games
    ... || Online games are usually developed using Flash, Java, or Virtual Machine. ... || The most likely solution to a problem with an online game is to install, upgrade, ... || to avoid the conflicts between the Sun Java system and Microsoft's Virtual Machine. ... Check the Help / Support section of the game site in question for Java topics relevant to ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.games)