Re: can no longer get in to msn not the games or home page why? I t say my activex controls are not on

From: +Elmo_Tech (elmogeek_at_iglou.invalid)
Date: 02/23/04

    Date: Mon, 23 Feb 2004 08:17:47 -0500

    tellmehow wrote:

    > Can no longer get into msn games or home page. Why? It says my
    > activex controls are not on.

    A Windows Update might have changed some browser settings. It might
    have disabled some ActiveX settings within the Security area.

    Open Internet Properties, Security tab, click Custom Level, and look
    through the ActiveX control settings. Don't allow unsigned controls,
    but allow signed ones to run without prompting.

    Look through these settings too:

    http://www3.sympatico.ca/nibblesnbits/EnterRooms.html#IE

    It's also possible that some software, such as a firewall, popup stopper
    or ad blocker is preventing the controls from running.

    MSN® Gaming Zone™ - Technical Support
    							clvck

    • Re: windows updates. ACTIVE X settings a problem!!
      ... Can you be specific on "ActiveX controls are the issue" and ... in the security within Internet Explorers settings for the internet ... Security) ...
    • Re: Making Your Browsers Safe "Gift"
      ... > "Security Settings". ... Disable: Download unsigned ActiveX controls ... Prompt: ... Script ActiveX controls marked safe for scripting ...
      (comp.security.firewalls)
    • Re: Publisher could not be verified message, IE UserControl
      ... the 'My Computer' zone appeared in the Security tab. ... Computer' Security settings. ... registry settings have the intended effect of NOT presenting the "publisher ... I can turn off activex controls all together by manipulating the Zone ...
      (microsoft.public.windowsxp.embedded)
    • Re: activeX
      ... The most likely is your high security zone ... then lower it so that ActiveX controls can be allowed to run. ... Shawn Wu [MS Security Developer] ... 'ur current security settings prohibit running ...
      (microsoft.public.security)
    • Making Your Browsers Safe "Gift"
      ... "Security Settings". ... Prompt: Download signed ActiveX controls ... Script ActiveX controls marked safe for scripting ... High safety: Java permissions ...
      (comp.security.firewalls)