Re: wont let me play online games..Help!

From: +Elmo_Tech (elmogeek_at_iglou.invalid)
Date: 02/21/04

    Date: Sat, 21 Feb 2004 10:34:48 -0500

    Cactusbrat wrote:

    > Nope, guys.. none of these additional suggestions from
    > either of you worked. I deleted the last few Windows
    > updates, un-installed shockwave and re-installed. I
    > downloaded another JAVA, made sure none of my objects
    > were damaged.. nope.. nada, nothing, zip, zilch... :-(

    Could you have a virus? If so, try one of these free online virus
    scans:

    This one has a choice of a Quick or a Complete check. The quick check
    could miss the virus.
    http://www.pcpitstop.com/

    Symantec
    http://security.symantec.com/default.asp?productid=ssr&langid=ie&venid=sym

    <url:http://security2.norton.com/us/home.asp?j=1&venid=sym&langid=us&plfid=20&pkj=IHBEXIBVEMBQAUWZKTK>
    then click the Security check link.

    http://housecall.antivirus.com/ free online virus scan

    I had the same problem for awhile. I didn't worry about it because the
    games I wanted to play were available elsewhere and worked with Netscape
    4.8. But, when the Zone games went to the Shockwave format, I tried
    again.. Still no luck, so I disabled Sun Java and enabled the JIT
    compiler, and got better results. Later I got the latest version of
    Java VM, disabled JIT, updated the Shockwave applet and, I believe all
    the games now work.

    MSN® Gaming Zone™ - Technical Support
    							clvck

    • Re: Downloading Pogo Games
      ... Visit my MSN Games and Windows Gaming Help Site: ... tried as suggested still cant even open webpage yet it opens on my ... Online games are usually developed using Flash, Java, or Virtual Machine. ...
      (microsoft.public.windowsxp.games)
    • Re: Downloading Pogo Games
      ... Visit my MSN Games and Windows Gaming Help Site: ... tried as suggested still cant even open webpage yet it opens on my ... Online games are usually developed using Flash, Java, or Virtual Machine. ... Maybe it's a software conflict: Make certain that your Firewall or Antivirus program is ...
      (microsoft.public.windowsxp.games)
    • Re: Downloading Pogo Games
      ... Sounds like you need to contact Pogo support, ... Visit my MSN Games and Windows Gaming Help Site: ... Online games are usually developed using Flash, Java, or Virtual ...
      (microsoft.public.windowsxp.games)
    • Re: yahoo games
      ... Online games are usually developed using Flash, Java, or Virtual Machine. ... The most likely solution to a problem with an online game is to install, upgrade, ...
      (microsoft.public.windowsxp.games)
    • Re: yahoo games/msn games
      ... Sounds like this is being caused by your wireless router then. ... Online games are usually developed using Flash, Java, or Virtual Machine. ... Check the Help / Support section of the game site in question for Java topics relevant to ...
      (microsoft.public.windowsxp.games)