Re: rooms flash wont open

From: +Techie_CD (techie-no1_at_rogers.com)
Date: 02/20/04

Date: Fri, 20 Feb 2004 13:53:19 -0500

The patch on the nibbles site is for users who can open a room once and can not re-enter the room because an empty window flashes up
briefly and then disappears. If that is what is happening to you then save the file to desktop and then open it and it will work
for that user account. Changing user accounts will force you to use the file again.

to more permanently fix the problem above you would remove the network card from the system profile and also remove the network
setup for the internet connection. Restart the system and reinstall the network card and update with the latest version of the
drivers for it then reinstall the network connection.

The problem may return at a later time, there is currently no sure-fire fix for this problem, they aren't even sure what in the
network setup causes the error at this point. Keep the patch handy till it gets fixed.

If the problem isn't exactly as described above you should remove heartbeatctrl and any conflict folders found on the system first.
http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/Q225/0/41.ASP Follow the instructions for windows 9x to remove the conflict
folders is using a fat32 drive and those listed if using an NTFS formatted drive.

If that doesn't work you likely have a problem with a personal firewall (Norton internet security for example) which is blocking
activex scripting or javascripts. Repost with the name of that program and we'll try to point you to some help for that.

--
+_Nobody_U_Know_
Tech and Games Committees
"jay" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:104a001c3f426$854d0de0$a301280a@phx.gbl...
> have windows xp and when i attempted to open rooms the
> rooms flash and dont come up... tried a patch on nibbles
> bit site and didnt work  ..also removed and reinstalled
> zone software and that didnt work....  anyone with a
> solution please respond to spacespader@yahoo.com

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Why not patch all windows and not just legal copies
    ... The systems would have only become modified to not patch key ... fail to help calm the storm then raging on the network - demons ... larger ecosystem that is Windows on the world network. ... windows the ability to patch their computers. ...
    (microsoft.public.security)
  • How can i get data in my VM in Hyper-V without network or drag&drop?
    ... I have to patch my Windows version in an VM in Hyper-V RC1 but I can't ... To use my network I need the windows patch first and drag&drop isn't ...
  • wired 802.1x security in windows 2000
    ... I've set up a port based network access control for our company via Radius. ... It says that I have already SP4 and that the patch is ... Installing another 802.1X client does not work either. ... Is 802.1X not supported by Windows 2000 for wired network cards? ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.security)
  • RPC patch breaks browsing?
    ... >It appears that ever since we applied the Blaster RPC ... >my network places with 2000 professional and XP ... >I have downloaded the patch on both XP and Windows ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.security)
  • Re: PID 1212 slowly maxing out?
    ... Windows 2003 servers, but could it affect Windows XP as well? ... I'm on a home network running on wireless. ... Logical Disk Manager service ...