Re: Installing game for win98 to winxp

Hi rubyjack,

Glad to hear that your game is running again! :-)

rubyjack Wrote:
=================
| From a long time ago.
|
| I finally found the information I was looking for. On the W2000 disk is a
| set of tools called the Windows Support Tools. In there is a utility called
| the Application Compatibility Tool. This tool allows greater control over
| the W95 software, and got me up and running. The information detailing this
| is found in KB251062 and KB301423.
|
| Thanks for putting me on the track to find what I needed,
| Dan Hacker
|
| "Jimmy S." <nosp@xxxxx> wrote in message
|| Hi rubyjack,
|| The game manufacturer would have to provide a patch
|| to override the Windows version check when the game
|| installs, otherwise the game would install just fine.
|| --
|| Cheers, *Windows_XP_MVP_Shell/User*
|| Jimmy S. http://mvp.support.microsoft.com
|| Visit my MSN Games and Windows Gaming Help Site: www.msce.mvps.org
|| MS Games Help and Support Center: http://support.microsoft.com/?pr=gms
|| My advice is donated "AS IS" without warranty; nor do I confer any rights.
|| _________________________________________________________
|| rubyjack Wrote:
|| =================
||| Alas, alas! I followed the directions and got the message: "This program
||| requires Windows 95" <ok> "Initialization Failed."
||| I do appreciate the reply,
||| Dan Hacker
||| "Jimmy S." <nosp@xxxxx> wrote in message
||| http://support.microsoft.com/servicedesks/webcasts/wc112202/WC112202.ppt
| http://mvp.support.microsoft.com
| http://support.microsoft.com/?pr=gms

  • Re: Zeus-Master of Olympus and XP
    ... Try installing and playing that using 95/98 Compatibility mode. ... To install a program using Windows XP's Compatibility Mode, ... let's not forget to check for any patches or updates for that game. ... Except the patch bit: ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.games)
  • Re: Help installing games!
    ... The game I am having problems ... Try installing and playing that using 95/98 Compatibility mode. ... To install a program using Windows XP's Compatibility Mode, ...
    (microsoft.public.games)
  • Re: Installation Never Even Starts? Help!
    ... Most of the "older" games will run perfectly well on Windows XP. ... what Compatibility Mode does is allow the older program to ... After the install, make sure to update the program from the web site of the ... It is an older game but ran ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.games)
  • Re: Dragonshard .exe will not launch
    ... Uninstall the game, and clean up the gamefiles and registry: ... || When you install the game, do so in Safe Mode using an Admin account. ... || If all else fails, try using Windows 2000 compatibility mode, as a test. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.games)
  • Re: Pes3.exe Application error
    ... and then repair Windows: ... Game FAQs: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=FH;;gms ... |>|>To install a program using Windows XP's Compatibility ...
    (microsoft.public.games)