Re: how do I Autofit the webpage to fit any screen?

if you're talking about the "overhang" of the right side of the screen when
viewed at various resolutions eg if it was designed at 1024x768 it doesn't
look quite right at 800x600, the solution is to use tables to form the
layout, and define the table widths as percentages (of the screen's width),
that way it will "auto fit" (as you say) most screens.

"some1famous" <some1famous@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
> my index page on my website looks fine on my computer but when I pull it
> up
> on another computer it is huge. Please help.

  • Re: Vista? A flop??
    ... People want big screens for one or both reasons: ... Resolutions are NOT getting higher, ... Gratuitous waste of screen space ... - hold under tap ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: [OT]Addendum to "Notes from a European Traveller"
    ... done on monster monitors and high resolutions) does that. ... You'd be surprised how many people still use small screens, ... perfectly clear and fit the screen. ...
    (alt.usage.english)
  • Re: Monitor resolution and working environments
    ... David Kennedy wrote: ... resolutions and the suitability of the various resolutions for various ... machines are coming with 1024x768 screens and they won't budge on it. ... I was trying to find some sort of documented study, ...
    (uk.comp.sys.mac)
  • Re: External widescreen monitor on Inspirion 8200
    ... other resolutions. ... with WS screens - I would imagine they'd work on a WS monitor out of ... that the Dell site will upgrade this, but if you go to Dell support Video ... nVidia drivers and use their control panel. ...
    (alt.sys.pc-clone.dell)
  • Re: Resolutions
    ... Some users have high resolution screens, ... browser in smaller windows. ... The table may be centred to provide a left and right margin at larger window ... > resolutions sizes on different computers? ...
    (microsoft.public.frontpage.client)