Re: saving and applying scripts

From: LA (anonymous_at_discussions.microsoft.com)
Date: 07/14/04

Date: Wed, 14 Jul 2004 07:16:14 -0700

Ok I've been copying the code and pasting it where noted
header or body. I've been copying and pasting word for
word. including <script> is that corect?

What do you mean by only copy

function .....

and link it by

<script language="JavaScript" type="text/javascript"
src="yourpath/yourscriptname.js"></script>

?? Don't I just copy and paste it all together

Also; in behaviours I see in the drop down 'call script'
how does that work?

Thanks!

 begin script

>function .....
>
> //end script --></script>
>
>Copy the contents of the script to Notepad and Save it
as yourscriptname.js in your FP Web
>- only copy the part inside of the tags:
>
>function .....
>
>Then link it in the HEAD section of your page using:
>
><script language="JavaScript" type="text/javascript"
src="yourpath/yourscriptname.js"></script>
>--

>SBR @ ENJOY (-: [ Microsoft MVP -
FrontPage ]
;

message news:2c5f201c46947$99d341d0$a401280a@phx.gbl...
>| Thanks
>|
>| 'you can put the code into a
>| separate script file (.js) and call it from each of the
>| pages.'
>|
>| ok how do you call it? and how do I save a .js
>|
>| Thanks

it,
>| or if you need to
>| >use the script in several different pages, you can put
>| the code into a
>| >separate script file (.js) and call it from each of
the
>| pages.
>| >
>| >To add the script to an event, don't use the call
script
>| item in the
>| >Behaviors task pane. Instead, just modify the HTML as
>| needed to call the
>| >script from the desired event.
>| >
>| >Example:
>| >
>| >===
>| >1) Here's a simple script.
>| >
>| >function functionname()
>| >{
>| > window.alert("message");
>| >}
>| >
>| >===
>| >2) To add this script to your Web page, switch to
Code
>| view and paste it
>| >between two Script tags, like so:
>| >
>| ><script>
>| >function functionname()
>| >{
>| > window.alert("message");
>| >}
>| ></script>
>| >
>| >===
>| >3) Then locate the element that you want to access
the
>| script and insert
>| >the event that you want to fire the event, and then
>| insert the function
>| >name, like so:

>| >--
>| >Lisa Wollin
>| >Programmer Writer
>| >Microsoft Corporation
>| >
>| >This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties,
and
>| confers no rights.
>| >Use of included code samples are subject to the terms
>| specified at
>| >http://www.microsoft.com/info/cpyright.htm.
>| >"LA" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
>| message