Re: saving form results

I put the file in the _private folder and the results were the same.
Ultimately, my life is too important to waste on figuring out some little
riddle MS has implemented to create the "illusion" of security in their
servers. Just look at the myriad of names such as IUSR_..., IWAM_..., ASPNET,
etc. account names not to mention NETWORK, INTERACTIVE, etc. Signs of a
development team reacting to whatever the crisis of the day might be...

"Kathleen Anderson [MVP - FrontPage]" wrote:

> I believe the forms results page should be in the _private folder.
>
> --
> ~ Kathleen Anderson
> Microsoft MVP - FrontPage
> Spider Web Woman Designs
> web: http://www.spiderwebwoman.com/resources/
>

> "Moheb" <Moheb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
> > Hi,
> >
> > I am saving form results to a file say myfile.txt residing on the same dir
> > as the page. On my dev. machine (XP pro) all seem ok. As soon as I publish
> > the site and put it on the w2k server, the submit action requires me to
> > login
> > to the server. I have anonymous allowed on the site and have played with
> > any
> > security that comes to mind. It is frustrating. Any idea? Thx.

  • Workstation user renaming problem
    ... domain and runs a script mapping three shared folders on the server. ... I reset the user's private folder security privilieges to the ... as the renamed user on the domain, not only was I not able to access ... the renamed user private folder, but the OLD user private folder ...
  • Re: how do i get my page counter to start at a specific number
    ... If you are looking at a .cnt file in the _private folder, tat has the correct count, but the ... >> When you publish to a server, FrontPage checks the server settings for the proper file ... >> rename the local copy to match, and let FrontPage update hyperlinks when prompted. ... >> Microsoft MVP FrontPage ...
  • Re: Hit Counters on Every Page
    ... If this does not create the .cnt file in the _private folder, then there are other problems that your host will have to solve. ... _private in the root of the web on the server. ... right click the hit counter. ...
    (microsoft.public.frontpage.client)
  • Re: front page form prompts for user name and password
    ... Make sure the form is not in the _private folder, just the file that it writes to. ... security update, then there is usually no charge for the call. ... >I am having a problem with a frontpage site, when a client clicks to submit a form, they are ... We host over 40 FP 2002 sites on this server and this is the only one haveing problems. ...
    (microsoft.public.frontpage.extensions.windowsnt)
  • Re: saving form to email?
    ... you need to save your form in a normal location in your web, ... However the form "results" are saved in a file in the _private folder when ... save the form and then publish to the server. ... "Edward Fitzgerald" wrote in message ...