Unable to Log into Front PAge Server Extensions 2002 Administrator

Hello-

I've noticed this question was asked, but there wasn't a satisfactory
answer. I have a Windows 2003 Standard Server that hosts several sites.
Each site is on the same IP and port, but they respond to different host
headers. Whenever I try to log into a web site (by going to
Properties->Server Extensions 2002->Settings), other than the default web
site, I cannot log in. I am presented with a password dialogue box, but
entering my server's administrative password doesn't work. Ultimately, I am
given the message:

HTTP Error 401.1 - Unauthorized: Access is denied due to invalid credentials.

When I initially extended the virtual server, I indicated my server's
administrative account should be the administrative account for the virtual
server. I've verified the ACLs on the directories and files, made sure my
web site had the same directory permissions, and a hundred other things.
Yet, I still can't log into the server.

Does someone know what the problem might be? I'm running out of ideas.

Regards-
Eric

  • RE: Testing IPv6 Rogue Router Advertisements
    ... Server associates Attacker's MAC address with Win7's IP address. ... ARP poisoning can be hazardous to your network's hardware and health, ... In the MAC address Scanner window that appears, ensure the All Hosts in My Subnet option is selected and then click OK. ... Windows 7 Professional ...
    (Security-Basics)
  • Re: Solaris NIS server and Linux NIS client : problems
    ... Changed nsswitch.conf for hosts values. ... hosts: nis dns files ... Sep 2 09:59:57 spock ypbind: bound to NIS server odin. ... Can't get map list for domain. ...
    (comp.os.linux.networking)
  • Re: Solaris NIS server and Linux NIS client : problems
    ... Changed nsswitch.conf for hosts values. ... hosts: nis dns files ... Sep 2 09:59:57 spock ypbind: bound to NIS server odin. ... Can't get map list for domain. ...
    (comp.unix.solaris)
  • Re: DMZ and AD
    ... and Exchange hosts assuming that the problem of IPSec tunnels to ... Exchange clusters is now recommended) with the intent of requiring fewer ... allow the FE server the communications with the Exchange and Active ...
  • Re: Is my server hijacked or is it spammed
    ... Only authenticated hosts can relay through our server, ... would seem the spammer actually managed to authenticate. ...
    (microsoft.public.exchange.admin)