Re: I WANT MY FP2000 BACK

From: Steve Easton (admin_at_95isalive.com)
Date: 10/25/04

Date: Mon, 25 Oct 2004 18:06:46 -0400

Please remember that the MVP''s and all others that post here are all volunteers and do this on our
own time.

That said, it's quite rare to have the problems that you've been experiencing.

Once you upgraded did you download and install Office 2003 Service Pack 1, which includes an upgrade
for FP 2003?

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=9C51D3A6-7CB1-4F61-837E-5F938254FC47&displaylang=en

hth

--
Steve Easton
Microsoft MVP FrontPage
"Smart-Alex" <smartalex@zipspots.com> wrote in message
> [...]
> something that doesn't work. Why do software suppliers feel that backing a
> product is not a responsibility? There IS a cavalier attitude here.  It's
> that attitude that the technically uneducated customer is an idiot and as a
> result they cause all their own problems. If this was a CAR, I'd be dead by
> now!
>
> Alex
>

> "Mike Mueller" <MikeMueller@ecinet.net.net> wrote in message
> > Alex,
> >
> > I really hate to say it, but FP03 works on most computers.
> > Usually if there is an problem it is related to the OS or to
> > conflicts with other applications.  What processes do you
> > have running the background? What other applications are
> > installed on this machine? Did you upgrade from FP00 to FP03
> > or what?
> >
> > Aside from your system hangs, the other issues you have
> > brought here are Hover Buttons and tables. Neither of which
> > is an FP issue, it is the clients machine.
> >
> > Mike
> >
> > "Smart-Alex" <smartalex@zipspots.com> wrote in message
> > :I have HAD it with FP2003 problems!!  I bought 2003 about
> > three weeks ago
> > : and
> > : have been trying to re-build our web site with it since I
> > first got it....as
> > : some
> > : people on this forum may have noticed with my MANY
> > requests for help!
> > :
> > : I'm just about over the edge with this thing. FP2000,
> > although it was a
> > : simpler application was at least stable. With FP2003, I
> > have had one crash
> > : or freeze-up after
> > : another after another after another. Several times a day,
> > when I begin to
> > : make change or add a
> > : link to a page, suddenly the hourglass comes on and STAYS
> > on. One time I
> > : actually went for a half hour coffee break and it was
> > STILL on when I
> > : returned. I can't
> > : close it without Ctrl-Alt-Del. THEN it won't reopen. ALSO,
> > my computer won't
> > : shut down. It gives me
> > : the NEVER ENDING message "Saving Your Settings". I have to
> > yank the plug
> > : outta the wall to get it to shut down!!
> > :
> > : I seriously don't want to fool around with this nonsense.
> > I paid for a
> > : product. for which I am not at all happy.  I want and need
> > some satisfaction
> > : from Microsoft. Who do I talk to get this resolved? I am
> > also a little tired
> > : of being treated with a cavalier attitude as though I
> > created the problem. I
> > : bought it. I installed it. I expect it to work, first time
> > and all the time.
> > :
> > : By the way, I have done all the Detect and Repair and all

Relevant Pages

  • Re: I WANT MY FP2000 BACK-Fr Alex
    ... Is this a new machine with a clean install of XP, or an upgrade to XP from an older operating ... >>> Alex ... >>>> conflicts with other applications. ... of being treated with a cavalier attitude as though I ...
    (microsoft.public.frontpage.client)
  • Re: I WANT MY FP2000 BACK
    ... "it's your fault" response. ... What other applications do I have. ... There IS a cavalier attitude here. ... Alex ...
    (microsoft.public.frontpage.client)
  • Re: I WANT MY FP2000 BACK
    ... There IS a cavalier attitude here. ... |>> Alex, ... |>> conflicts with other applications. ...
    (microsoft.public.frontpage.client)
  • Re: Where are Incompatible Apps?
    ... I'll be upgrading several users from PPC machines to Lion on new Intel ... My upgrade from Snow Leopard to ... which still had a copy of those applications). ...
    (comp.sys.mac.system)
  • Re: Upgrade ME to XP
    ... I can put back the EXACT same applications ... you are creating a brand-new installation ... upgrade results in a problem-free installation. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)