RE: error 403 front page published web site

From: Harikumar H [MSFT] (harikumh_at_online.microsoft.com)
Date: 10/04/04

Date: Mon, 04 Oct 2004 12:29:41 GMT

Hi,

Try the browsing the site with the home page name also in the browser like
http://www.abc.com/*.htm, where * can be Default or index or the designated
name of the home page. If it works, then the problem is to configure
'Default document setting' in the web server.

If the web server is running on a Windows box, then do the the following

1. Open IIS manager
2. Right click on your web site and select properties.
3. Click on the 'Documents' Tab
4. Enable Default Document. If it is already enabled, then add your name
of the default page here.

Hope this helps

regards

Hari
MSFT

This posting is provided "as is" with no warranties and confers no rights
--------------------

| I have hjust placed my first site on line but am unable to view it. I get
an
| error message 403 forbidden access. Site has been created using Frontpage
| 2003 and this was used to upload to the host.

Relevant Pages

  • Re: ampersand in urls when using xhtml 1.0 strict
    ... My web server is clearly seeing & and the browser is ... After including this header I was able to remove the encoded ... First, this is very strange because if your browser was displaying the page as HTML, then it was already receiving a content type header from the web server telling it that the page was HTML, or else there was no header and the browser was treating it as HTML by default. ...
    (comp.infosystems.www.authoring.html)
  • [NT] Poisoning Cached HTTPS Documents in Internet Explorer
    ... Get your security news from a reliable source. ... "poison" a user's browser cache with a malicious document that will later ... The attacker can exploit this vulnerability for "replacing" HTML ... to communicate with a malicious web server over HTTPS without the browser ...
    (Securiteam)
  • RE: [Full-Disclosure] How big is the danger of IE?
    ... The following link details compromised/malicious web servers infecting ... the web server configuration to append the script to all files served by ... method used to compromise the servers. ... switching to another browser may significantly reduce ...
    (Full-Disclosure)
  • RE: [Full-Disclosure] How big is the danger of IE?
    ... The following link details compromised/malicious web servers infecting ... the web server configuration to append the script to all files served by ... method used to compromise the servers. ... switching to another browser may significantly reduce ...
    (Full-Disclosure)
  • Re: Control referring domain, another HTTP_REFERER option?
    ... If you trust the user's browser, ... so they could share a database, the referring web server could leave ... Cookies are designed not to work that way. ...
    (comp.lang.php)