Re: Form posting to other and sending email

From: Thomas A. Rowe (tarowe_at_mvps.org)
Date: 06/10/04

Date: Thu, 10 Jun 2004 13:00:15 -0400

Is it possible to have 2Day.com either:

1. return some type of response/value after receiving a post from the site, back to a specific page
on the site which could then complete the processing?

2. return back to a specific page on the site, after receiving a post from the site, which could
then complete the processing?

WEBMASTER Resources(tm)
http://www.ycoln-resources.com
FrontPage Resources, WebCircle, MS KB Quick Links, etc.
"Dennis" <*NoSpam*impactweb@paradise.net.nz> wrote in message
> Yeah, that is the way it usually is but this is a special secure provider.
> Credit cards are not processed live, the info is just stored in a secure
> area for retrieval later. It is a good and very cheap service ($5.00 nz per
> month) and ideal for the tourism industry in NZ as tours and activities can
> be cancelled due to weather and proves a nightmare when dealing with refunds
> etc. Much better to be able to process the card after the tour has
> commenced.
>
> Therefore there doesn't need to be any approval code. The secure site just
> forwards an email with the booking info and prompts to log in and retrieve
> the credit card info. We want clients to make a booking but realise that
> people can get cold feet when it comes to giving out credit card info and
> therefore need to have an email sent before they get to the booking area so
> we can personally contact them.
>
> You'll see how it works if you go to
> www.adventurecanterbury.co.nz/booking.htm and test it. Any bookings just go
> to me for testing purposes anyway. Cleaver js hardcoded in the page also.
>

> "Thomas A. Rowe" <tarowe@mvps.org> wrote in message
> > Dennis
> >
> > The submission process would need to broken into a least three steps, the
> first being to post to the
> > credit card processor to get approval, the credit card processor should
> provide some type of
> > approval code when it returns to your site, if the code is approval, then
> based on this code you
> > would then post the record the database and then send the email.
> >
> > ASP mail components can only handle the sending of the email which would
> the third step.
> >
> > --
> > Thomas A. Rowe (Microsoft MVP - FrontPage)
> > WEBMASTER Resources(tm)
> > http://www.ycoln-resources.com
> > FrontPage Resources, WebCircle, MS KB Quick Links, etc.
> > To assist you in getting the best answers for FrontPage support see:
> > http://www.net-sites.com/sitebuilder/newsgroups.asp
> >
> > "Dennis" <*NoSpam*impactweb@paradise.net.nz> wrote in message
> > > Hi Thomas
> > >
> > > My hosting provider uses AspEmail and Jmail and that has been the option
> > > could use but the booking form was using a cgi to process the fields and
> > > secure card before I took on this web site and hosting contract and
> think it
> > > would need considerable changes to work with AspEmail. I have looked
> into
> > > changing it to suit AspEmail but could not find the info I needed to get
> the
> > > form to send email and then also post to the cfm. My programmer said
> that
> > > response.redirect wouldn't work. I am using a third party's secure
> server
> > > and their own cfm and the plan I have is not flexible in the way it
> handles
> [...]

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Form posting to other and sending email
    ... that is the way it usually is but this is a special secure provider. ... Therefore there doesn't need to be any approval code. ... forwards an email with the booking info and prompts to log in and retrieve ... the credit card info. ...
    (microsoft.public.frontpage.client)
  • Re: Form posting to other and sending email
    ... FrontPage Resources, WebCircle, MS KB Quick Links, etc. ... there are very few options available with this secure service and as you ... > the secure page and have a link to a page after the credit card is processed ... >>> people can get cold feet when it comes to giving out credit card info ...
    (microsoft.public.frontpage.client)
  • Re: email from a form secure
    ... Credit card info is *not* secure via email. ... Microsoft MVP - FrontPage ...
  • Re: [PHP] keeping credit card info in session
    ... for users to be able to fill out a form which also has some credit card ... credit card info to the last page, I'm storing all the info in my session. ... Now, I did go and bought an SSL certificate, so the booking section of the ... I'm just wondering if this is secure enough. ...
    (php.general)
  • Re: Form posting to other and sending email
    ... Thanks for your booking, you'll love visiting our city's attractions:) ... there are very few options available with this secure service and as you ... the secure page and have a link to a page after the credit card is processed ... >> people can get cold feet when it comes to giving out credit card info ...
    (microsoft.public.frontpage.client)