Re: Works in VFP6 but not in VFP 8

From: Walter Graff (WalterGraff_at_discussions.microsoft.com)
Date: 02/25/05

Date: Thu, 24 Feb 2005 17:33:04 -0800

Thanks Nigel

I didn't realize they changed the syntax from 6 to 8.

"Nigel Gomm" wrote:

> see set enginebehaviour at
> http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/dv_foxhelp/html/lngset.asp
>

> "Walter Graff" <WalterGraff@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > The following sql statement works fine in foxpro 2.0 for DOS and VFP 6 but
> > when executed in vfp 8 we get an error that group by clause is missing or
> > invalid.
> >
> > Sele artrans.customer As acct,customer.Name,customer.city,
> > artrans.Product,
> > artrans.location, ;sum(artrans.qty) As tqty, ;
> > sum(artrans.qty*artrans.unitprice) As Total From artrans,customer ;
> > where artrans.customer = customer.custno And ;
> > (artrans.Date >= bdate And artrans.Date <= edate) And;
> > artrans.location = mware ;
> > group By artrans.customer,artrans.Product ;
> > Order By customer.Name Into Cursor ytd
> >
> > Any ideas would be appreciated.

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Invalid Syntax due to OBJ->
    ... "Invalid \CR Syntax" ... as also does an actual newline within a string ... Any program using IFERR should either first clear flag -55 ...
    (comp.sys.hp48)
  • Re: HRESULT = Invalid Syntax
    ... > I guess I spoke to soon! ... On a different machine got the same Invalid ... > Syntax. ... How do you know it's getting the content from cache? ...
    (microsoft.public.vc.atl)
  • Re: Adobe Flex for MV GUI
    ... the record straight about what was inaccurate, ... I think it's invalid to say Flex is unsuitable to enhance ... existing apps _because_ of syntax issues, ...
    (comp.databases.pick)
  • Re: package
    ... why did you <del> the bit about invalid syntax? ... I know what the specs say about `$`. ...
    (comp.lang.javascript)
  • Re: package
    ... why did you the bit about invalid syntax? ... I know what the specs say about `$`. ... Whether or not DOM3 is in widespread use is totally and utterly irrelevant. ...
    (comp.lang.javascript)