Re: how to count all records in MySQL table?

From: Mike Gagnon (mgagnon23_at_hotmail.com)
Date: 02/23/05

Date: Wed, 23 Feb 2005 06:53:44 -0500

MySQL does not support Count()

"winvis" <info@bah.nl> wrote in message
news:627a37f566d509c7db7ec8c2d2f35320@localhost.talkaboutsoftware.com...
> Hi,
>
> I try to put the total number of records in my MySQL table into a
> variable.
>
> Something like
> public recs
> recs = select count(*) from CVIS
>
> (CVIS is my table)
>
> This results in a syntax error.
>
> What's going wrong?
>
> Johan

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Enable unicode
    ... Originally the software was written for SQLite. ... Then mySQL support was added and now the new script should be made ... The reason cheap web hosts offer MySQL is because lots of ...
    (comp.lang.python)
  • Re: Enable unicode
    ... MySQL has a broken interpretation of "utf8" ... I don't use MySQLDB, so just give it a shot and see if it works. ... Then mySQL support was added and now the new script should be made ...
    (comp.lang.python)
  • Re: Some free utilities for Java, with Hebrew support.
    ... protocol and server and add "extensions" to make their product more ... Provided you want to remain compatible with the "stock" MySQL ... the server you were using to support something ... client libraries don't support or in changing the protocol to break ...
    (comp.lang.java.programmer)
  • Re: SQL difference - mySQL and MS SQL
    ... MySQL is pretty far behind most of the other database ... They just added support for things such as stored ... I have never seen such a reference, and it highly depends on the version ... version 4 is nowhere near Microsoft SQL Server (in any version I've ...
    (microsoft.public.sqlserver.connect)
  • Mambo 4.0.14 Stable Bugs
    ... "into outfile" feature of MySQL. ... Because older versions don't support UNION function. ... In this case, username, md5() hashed password and email address of user ...
    (Bugtraq)