Re: sql ntext field

From: Rick Bean (rgbean_at_unrealmelange-inc.com)
Date: 02/14/05

Date: Mon, 14 Feb 2005 13:26:05 -0500

Charlie,
How is this field defined in the SQL database? What version and SP of VFP are you using? How are you "connecting"? Remote View, cursor Adapter, SQL Pass Through, ADO.

Rick

"Charlie" <Charlie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5437CE00-F1E6-4C68-9F13-C3D46F530C6D@microsoft.com...
>I am using fox to connect to a remote sql database. When I populate the one
> field with is an ntext field type the information gets cut off at 420
> characters. Is there a reason or a solution to this?

Relevant Pages

  • Re: DTS error
    ... >I'm trying to use DTS to transfer data from a local SQL Database up to a ... >remote SQL Database. ... Locally, the owner is 'dbo'. ...
    (microsoft.public.sqlserver.dts)
  • Help about to trap the error of Primary key violation on SQL Tabl
    ... I have created a Form based on remote view of a table in MS SQL Database, ... If the record is new, after I have enter the primary key, I need to control ... Best Regards ...
  • SQL Connection Problem
    ... Trying to make connection from Visual Basic.net to remote ... SQL database via XP Client without success. ... Various logons created on SQL server and all fail. ...
    (microsoft.public.sqlserver.connect)
  • DBD::ODBC 1.06 Problem with prepare when using newer MS SQL ODBC driver
    ... When connecting to a ms sql database on a win32 plattform ... using the odbc driver version 3.70.08.21, prepare fails as expected. ... using the odbc driver version 2000.81.9031.14, ...
    (perl.dbi.users)
  • Re: ASP.NET IIS6 Impersonation - Explanation needed for this situation
    ... ASP.NET application connecting to a SQL database. ... I found that Impersonation can be turned on or off, it doesn't matter. ...
    (microsoft.public.dotnet.security)