RE: SQL query to open OLEDB or ODBC to VFP?

From: Christopher D (ChristopherD_at_discussions.microsoft.com)
Date: 10/18/04

Date: Mon, 18 Oct 2004 02:57:02 -0700

Hi Tom,

you can also schedule a DTS package in SQL Server to import data from VFP at
a schedule you specify. I've done this several times.

You are better off using the VFPOLEDB-driver since it's more stable than the
ODBC-driver.

Just use Import Data, and follow the wizard.

Regards
Christopher D

"Tom Edelbrok" wrote:

> Is it possible for a SQL query or Stored Procedure to open a database at an
> external location via OLEDB or ODBC? What I want is for SQL to grab some
> data from Microsoft's Visual Fox Pro 8.1 and store it into a SQL table. I
> want this to happen about every minute or so.
>
> Thanks for help in advance,
>
> Tom Edelbrok

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Scheduling DTS Packages on 64-bit SQL Server
    ... My understanding is that DTS components are not available for 64-bit SQL ... > I found the following comment on Microsoft's website in regards to scheduling> a DTS package on a 64-bit SQL Server installation. ... do I need> to buy a 32-bit copy of SQL Server to store my packages on to be able to> schedule them? ...
    (microsoft.public.sqlserver.dts)
  • Re: Limitations of Scheduled jobs
    ... Actually we can schedule the jobs with accuracy less than ... >on what the stored procedure does exactly. ... >SQL Server MVP ... >> I'm using SQL Server 2000 as the DB for my web ...
  • SQL error
    ... I am attempting to permit the user to select 1 of 3 options in the display of database records. ... OptSchedule(0) is titled: ... The SQL statement worked before I included the sSchedule variable also. ... strSQL = "SELECT LastName, FirstName, ClientID, " ...
    (comp.lang.basic.visual.misc)
  • Re: ReportIoError 2 - any ideas?
    ... job - then modify the schedule as required. ... using DBCC SHRINKFILE to reduce the ldf file size. ... Rerunning the backups through Enterprise Manager. ... My colleagues know even less about SQL Server ...
    (microsoft.public.sqlserver.server)
  • Re: DTS Job fails when scheduled as Job (NOT a 269074 issue!)
    ... Agent does not support applications that have a UI. ... Try setting the SQL ... Agent service to allow interaction with the desktop. ... > If I try to schedule it, ...
    (microsoft.public.sqlserver.dts)