Re: SQL query to open OLEDB or ODBC to VFP?

From: Tom Edelbrok (anonymous_at_anonymous.com)
Date: 10/15/04

Date: Fri, 15 Oct 2004 22:25:30 GMT

It doesn't matter to me by what mechanism it happens - I suppose it would
have to be a Stored Procedure running as a periodic job in SQL Server.
Perhaps the Stored Procedure would have to use a View. But what is important
is that I somehow be able to open a Visual Foxpro Database that is located
on another machine (via OLEDB or ODBC) and read data from it into a table
located within SQL Server.

Tom

"Anders Altberg" <x_pragma@telia.com> wrote in message
> Is that an SQLServer query or Stored Procedure?
> -Anders
>
> "Tom Edelbrok" <anonymous@anonymous.com> wrote in message
>> Is it possible for a SQL query or Stored Procedure to open a database at
> an
>> external location via OLEDB or ODBC? What I want is for SQL to grab some
>> data from Microsoft's Visual Fox Pro 8.1 and store it into a SQL table. I
>> want this to happen about every minute or so.
>>
>> Thanks for help in advance,
>>
>> Tom Edelbrok

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Views vs Stored Procedures, whats the difference?
    ... I hope you are not suggesting you embed SQL queries into the application? ... A stored procedure logic will be exactly as fast as the algorithm you ... I understant that SQL Server supports hints. ... implementations (nestedloop, merge, hash, ..) on decent sized tables, then ...
    (comp.databases.ms-sqlserver)
  • Re: Stored Procedures - Patterns and Practices
    ... >published the reasoning behind its opinions. ... I disagree that the debate in SQL Server related discussion forums ... If the natural key is long or spans too many ... I want to call a stored procedure that adds a customer ...
  • Re: Issue with retrieving large data over web using Stored Procedu
    ... how do I go about analyzing a stored procedure with selecting ... Is there any tool in the SQL Profiler that analyze each Trace? ... "Active Server Pages error 'ASP 0113' ... This email account is my spam trap ...
    (microsoft.public.inetserver.asp.db)
  • Re: XML vs SQL Server
    ... Then, yes, the built in factory will be sufficient. ... So as long as the sql can be shared, ... procedures for Sql Server and stored procedure for Oracle? ... Oracle supports stored procedure overloads, ...
  • Re: XML vs SQL Server
    ... The built in factory assumes a common syntax among the ... So as long as the sql can be shared, ... procedures for Sql Server and stored procedure for Oracle? ... Oracle supports stored procedure overloads, ...