Re: Encryption

From: Gerben Kessen (gerben.kessen(_at_)wantit.nl)
Date: 10/13/04

Date: Wed, 13 Oct 2004 15:48:29 +0200

It's just what you say, when you cannot include them in the exe (even that
is not 100% secure (think of decompilers)), you cannot hide the files.
They are not even save for people who own excel or something like that. So
you can encrypt the data, but that will cost you a lot of performance or you
have to upgrade to Sql server.

Hth,
Gerben

"Anonymous" <wipeout64@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>I have an application where most tables are too large to wrap into the
> executable. It would make the executable too large. That's ok. So I
> only put my smaller tables in the executable and wrapped it into the
> exe so at least (I thought) people can't read my cross-reference files
> thus exposing my framework.
>
> I then deleted the tables from the hard drive because I thought they
> would be wrapped into the exe, but I get an error message upon
> execution that the file is not found. How can I hide my tables from
> people who own the professional version FoxPro? Someone actually asked
> me which files are the cross reference files and even explained why
> they wanted to know!

Relevant Pages

  • Re: How do they do that?
    ... For example, I need a script. ... execution engine. ... Now, if you need to create or modify this script during the install process, you would ... >How do some setup merge script files,, with the exe ...
    (microsoft.public.vc.mfc)
  • Re: Cant download exes from my own site
    ... How would a user run an .exe on a website? ... <jcochran at naplesgov dot com (Jeff Cochran)> ... > system down to prevent malicious execution. ... >>> You may want to review your permissions, both in IIS and in the NTFS ...
  • Re: Using ZwCreateFile to Launch embedded exe
    ... If you were just blocking execution, it would be acceptable, but you ... Anton Bassov ... then another .exe will execute in it's place. ...
  • Re: Starting .exe "single threaded"
    ... > I would like to control the execution of the program so that the ... > My program must be an .exe. ... There is no support in standard C++ for threading or restricting execution ...
    (comp.lang.cpp)
  • Re: Loading of .NET executable
    ... > Can someone refer to me a good online resourec about how a .NET exe ... > gets loaded into memory and executed once I dbl-click the executable ... Basically the EXE has has a stub that runs and passes ... .NET then grabs your EXE and starts execution of the UL via ...
    (microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.clr)