Re: sql problem

From: Rick Bean (rgbean_at_unrealmelange-inc.com)
Date: 10/11/04

Date: Mon, 11 Oct 2004 09:00:10 -0400

Vijay,
Seriously consider upgrading to Service Pack 5 - it is still available for download (free!) from MS at http://msdn.microsoft.com/vstudio/downloads/updates/sp/vs6/sp5/. Once you clean up the problem mentioned by Anders, this updated version not only gives you literally years of updates, but also some additional features provided in SP3.

Don't forget to get the newer Security Patch at http://www.microsoft.com/technet/security/bulletin/MS02-049.mspx - especially if you don't have any newer versions of VFP installed (e.g. VFP 7,8 or 9)

Rick

"Vijay Nayak" <VijayNayak@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7121A297-F8C0-4AA6-B103-B13CC284D18E@microsoft.com...
> Respected Rick.
>
> The version of VFP is 6.0.8167.0
>
> Currently the program is being executed in the developement enviornment
> itself.
> There's another confused behaviour which is as follows:
> In order to determine the error I have used ON ERROR DO ON_ERROR IN
> PPMSPROC.PRG command. ON_ERROR in PPMSPROC.PRG, which is a Procedure File,
> contains only one statement
> i.e. SET STEP ON
>
> During this STEP ON when the query is cut-pasted at the command prompt then
> there it gets executed without problem.
>
> Does this tip help you in knowing the exact cause of the fault ? Awaiting
> your reply. Thanking you,
>
> Vijay Nayak.
>
> "Rick Bean" wrote:
>
>> Vivay,
>> Go to http://fox.wikis.com/wc.dll?Wiki~CurrentVersion~softwareEng to help you determine the version of your VFP files. Also make sure that the user's runtime files match the developer's version or you can have "unexpained" problems - especially if the developer(s) are newer than the users.
>>
>> Rick
>>
>> "Vijay V. Nayak" <Vijay Nayak@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:556CF9CD-C5C7-437C-874E-05DA1DDB93FE@microsoft.com...
>> > Respected Rick
>> > Yes, it's a SQL select on native VFP table. Regarding using service pack 5
>> > for VFP 6.0, I am not clear how to know that. But I am mentioning my query
>> > below for a clear understanding:
>> > SELE * from slbACBR ;
>> > where ( Mdays > monthfr and Mdays <= monthto) ;
>> > and ( rslacs > slbfrom and rslacs <= slbto ) ;
>> > and ( CONTACBR.ORIGNAVDT >= SLBEFFFM and;
>> > ( CONTACBR.ORIGNAVDT<=slbeffto OR EMPTY(slbeffto))) ;
>> > and slb1yrrt > 0 ;
>> > and allt( FUT_SCH) == 'ALL' ;
>> > and fundcd = _fundcd ;
>> > into curs slbcurs1
>> >
>> > slbacbr is the ALIAS for table slbmst
>> > contacbr is the name of a table.
>> >
>> > The following are the coloumns of slbacbr which are used in the query
>> > monthfr, monthto, slbfrom, slbto, slbefffm, slbeffto,
>> > slb1yrrt, fundcd, fut_sch.
>> >
>> > Mdays, rslacs are program variable.
>> >
>> > I hope this will clear the counter question from you. Tips are requested.
>> > Thanks.

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Strange Problem With _SCREEN.TOP LEFT HEIGHT WIDTH
    ... Just using your test code, I'm not seeing the differences you are. ... So I'd guess that either you are mixing _VFP and _SCREEN references or something else is changing your data file. ... > Hi Rick, ...
    (microsoft.public.fox.vfp.forms)
  • Re: Thermal Printer Reports
    ... Rick ... > from XP itself, VFP version 8, clients machine does not have VFP development ... > wizard or InstallShield Express!!! ...
    (microsoft.public.fox.vfp.reports.printing)
  • Re: FoxPro doesnt find support files for buttons
    ... Thanks Rick. ... I launch the system from the FoxPro command window and it runs ... I run the system within VFP. ... >> they're in the same folder locations on one computer versus the other, ...
    (microsoft.public.fox.vfp.forms)
  • Re: grid
    ... VFP 6.0's current SP level is #5. ... In the IDE choose Help -> About Microsoft Visual FoxPro ... ... Rick ...
    (microsoft.public.fox.vfp.forms)
  • Re: Stored Proceedure
    ... > Hi Rick, ... Note: VFP 6.0 can still ... >> Patrick, ... >> course also create a VFP COM component that could execute a stored ...
    (microsoft.public.fox.vfp.dbc)