Re: select - insert query

From: Anders Altberg (x_pragma_at_telia.com)
Date: 10/08/04

    Date: Fri, 8 Oct 2004 15:14:08 +0200

    Vijay,

    It can work. The two tables CONTACBR and schACBR will stay at the same
    record while you scan through slbcurs1. If they are ast EOF() a defalt empty
    value will be inserted. If these tables are the target of a valid SET
    RELATION from Slbcurs1 the will move the recordpointer as you scan through
    Slbcusr1.
    -Anders

    "Vijay Nayak" <VijayNayak@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Hello friends,
    >
    > Look at the query:
    > SELE * from slbacbr ;
    > where ( SLBEFFFM >= m.onavdt and ;
    > ( slbeffto <= m.onavdt OR EMPTY(slbeffto))) ;
    > and ( m.rslacs betw slbfrom AND slbto) ;
    > and SLBUPFRT > 0 ;
    > and allt( FUT_SCH) == trim( _schemecod) ;
    > and fundcd = _fundcd ;
    > orde by slbtype ;
    > into curs slbcurs1
    >
    > Now, the current work area is SLBCURS1.
    >
    > A scan starts which contains in sql - inserts which is as follows:
    >
    > INSE into brokproc ( PASHOLD, navdate, BALNAVDT, redmdays, OSUNITS, ;
    > fundcd, SCHEME_COD, TYPECD, OPTIONCD, SCHEME_NAM, fut_sch, ;
    > slbtype) valu ;
    > ( MSLB1YRFQ, CONTACBR.nav_date, CONTACBR.BALNAVDT, 1, CONTACBR.OSUNITS,
    > _fundcd, _schemecod, schACBR.fundtyp, schACBR.FUNDOPT,
    CONTACBR.SCHEME_NAM,