Re: Any way to speed up this query?

From: Rick Bean (rgbean_at_unrealmelange-inc.com)
Date: 10/05/04

Date: Tue, 5 Oct 2004 18:42:32 -0400

Kathy,
In that case, you might want to simply copy Table 1 into a separate fileusing the standard copy commands (this should be fast). Then just alter the table to add the three fields and use xBase code to fill in the extra related data (SCAN using a SET RELATION or SEEK and then a REPLACE). In VFP 9.0 you could use the new correlated UPDATE SET command, but probably not just yet! <g>

Rick