Re: Any way to speed up this query?

From: Rick Bean (rgbean_at_unrealmelange-inc.com)
Date: 10/05/04

Date: Tue, 5 Oct 2004 16:15:47 -0400

Kathy,
I'm just curious why you need this table. Are you moving the data to another system, or are you just using it for a query or report? If you just want to "browse" or report on the resulting rows, then just using both tables with a relationship should suffice. (I am assuming that this is a 1-1 relationship otherwise you might be pushing the 2gb max table size for the resultant table.)

Rick

"Kathy Weise" <kw@kathyweise.com> wrote in message news:ATz8d.3368$UP1.1497@newsread1.news.pas.earthlink.net...
>I have a query that looks sort of like this:
>
> Select table1.name, table1.address, table,1.city, table1.state,;
> [and several more fields from table1], table2.a, table2.b, table2.c;
> from table1, table2 where table1.seqno = table2.seqno;
> into table3
>
> I have seqno indexed on both tables (both numerical and both 10 characters).
> Each table is close to1 Gb. The query takes 2 hours (if I haven't just
> defragged my HD which helps a little).
>
> Is there anyway to speed this up?

Relevant Pages

  • Re: How to group by and sort by a date
    ... Rick, I have the same problem and tried you solution with my data: ... "You tried to execute a query that does not include the specified expression ... >> I need to GROUP BY a date and also SORT BY the date. ... >> FROM stats ...
    (microsoft.public.access.queries)
  • Re: Sorting multiple fields
    ... >the appropriate sort order under each field. ... >by putting those two items in your query in that order. ... >Rick B ... >I have just created a report using your suggestion and it ...
  • Re: Sorting multiple fields
    ... Just put the fields in the order in which they should sort and select ... by putting those two items in your query in that order. ... Rick B ... I have just created a report using your suggestion and it ...
  • Re: Sorting a date field on Year and Month
    ... Change your group and sort to Format ... You can still display the format you listed in your group header or footer. ... Rick B ... All i want is the query to show everything in the calendar order. ...
    (microsoft.public.access.queries)
  • Re: sort on multiple fields in an Access query
    ... Put the primary sort to the left of the secondary ... Rick B ... > I created a query in Access using Query Design View. ...
    (microsoft.public.access.queries)