Re: sql problem

From: Rick Bean (rgbean_at_unrealmelange-inc.com)
Date: 10/05/04

Date: Tue, 5 Oct 2004 09:34:04 -0400

Vivay,
Go to http://fox.wikis.com/wc.dll?Wiki~CurrentVersion~softwareEng to help you determine the version of your VFP files. Also make sure that the user's runtime files match the developer's version or you can have "unexpained" problems - especially if the developer(s) are newer than the users.

Rick

"Vijay V. Nayak" <Vijay Nayak@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:556CF9CD-C5C7-437C-874E-05DA1DDB93FE@microsoft.com...
> Respected Rick
> Yes, it's a SQL select on native VFP table. Regarding using service pack 5
> for VFP 6.0, I am not clear how to know that. But I am mentioning my query
> below for a clear understanding:
> SELE * from slbACBR ;
> where ( Mdays > monthfr and Mdays <= monthto) ;
> and ( rslacs > slbfrom and rslacs <= slbto ) ;
> and ( CONTACBR.ORIGNAVDT >= SLBEFFFM and;
> ( CONTACBR.ORIGNAVDT<=slbeffto OR EMPTY(slbeffto))) ;
> and slb1yrrt > 0 ;
> and allt( FUT_SCH) == 'ALL' ;
> and fundcd = _fundcd ;
> into curs slbcurs1
>
> slbacbr is the ALIAS for table slbmst
> contacbr is the name of a table.
>
> The following are the coloumns of slbacbr which are used in the query
> monthfr, monthto, slbfrom, slbto, slbefffm, slbeffto,
> slb1yrrt, fundcd, fut_sch.
>
> Mdays, rslacs are program variable.
>
> I hope this will clear the counter question from you. Tips are requested.
> Thanks.
>
> "Rick Bean" wrote:
>
>> Vijay,
>> When you say "query", is this simply an SQL select on native VFP tables? Is it a select on Views, whether local or remote? Are you using service pack 5 for VFP 6.0?
>>
>> Rick
>>
>> "Vijay V. Nayak" <VijayVNayak@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E1D5195B-EF0D-4950-A6C5-897CFD9926CC@microsoft.com...
>> > Hello !
>> >
>> > During program execution when a query is about to be executed, I get an
>> > error which is 'File is in use'. This is not always. What is the reason for
>> > this ? How to solve it ?
>> >
>> > The version of VFP is 6.0
>> >
>> > Tips are requested. Thanks,
>> >
>> > Vijay Nayak.

Relevant Pages

  • Re: sql problem
    ... Respected Rick. ... During this STEP ON when the query is cut-pasted at the command prompt then ... >> The following are the coloumns of slbacbr which are used in the query ... >> monthfr, monthto, slbfrom, slbto, slbefffm, slbeffto, ...
    (microsoft.public.fox.vfp.queries-sql)
  • Re: sql problem
    ... Respected Rick ... it's a SQL select on native VFP table. ... The following are the coloumns of slbacbr which are used in the query ... >> During program execution when a query is about to be executed, ...
    (microsoft.public.fox.vfp.queries-sql)