Indexing Question

From: Darwin Weyh (shtdev.delete.this_at_weyh.net)
Date: 10/04/04

Date: Mon, 4 Oct 2004 09:34:51 -0400

I have a VB6 application in which I access a FP6 DB with ADO.

As one of the tables gets bigger ( 20,000 Records) My response is degrading.

A typical Recordset open is as follows

SQLstr = "select * from orders where jobdate < {" & pDate & "} and complete
= .T."
RS.open sqlstr,db, adOpenStatic, adLockReadOnly

What kind of index should I set up to speed this open up?

Can someone point me to a good explanation of Indexes and how they relate to
the SQL 'select' commands.

Thanks,

--
Darwin C. Weyh
shtdev.delete.this@weyh.net

Relevant Pages

  • Indexing Question
    ... I have a VB6 application in which I access a FP6 DB with ADO. ... As one of the tables gets bigger My response is degrading. ...
    (microsoft.public.data.ado)
  • Indexing Question
    ... I have a VB6 application in which I access a FP6 DB with ADO. ... As one of the tables gets bigger My response is degrading. ...
    (microsoft.public.vb.database)
  • Re: Politics, society, & New Orleans
    ... Bigger than New York, bigger ... If you order a mandatory evacuation you have to ... > the aid would get there, and typically from what I've seen in response to ... > "In the event of a terrorist attack, natural disaster or other large-scale ...
    (rec.music.gdead)
  • Re: Newbie: Data storage and manipulation speed
    ... Thanx for your kind response! ... plan to call DoEvents about 3-5 times per second. ... Access Table through ADO manipulations. ... But, if memory is insuficient, you'll ...
  • Re: Access SQL Server Express over the Internet
    ... Very interesting - any reasons why not ADO? ... central server - everything works like a charm since two years. ... SET NO_BROWSETABLE ON [TDS RPC format] ... Some response (ack) ...
    (borland.public.delphi.database.ado)