Re: Add memo data to existing table based on item #

From: Anders (anders_at_anders)
Date: 07/28/04

Date: Wed, 28 Jul 2004 10:18:10 +0200

SELECT Table1
REPLACE ALL descrpt WITH LOOKUP(Table2.memoname,Table1.Itemid,Table2.itemid)
In VFP9
UPDATE table1 SET memo=Table2.memo from table2 WHERE
Table2.itemid=Table1.itemid
or
UPDATE table1 SET memo=NVL((select Table2.memo from table2 WHERE
Table2.itemid=Table1.itemid),'')

-Anders

"shotz11111" <shotz11111@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
> I have an existing table(Items) with an ItemID # and a Memo field for a
Description. This memo field is currently empty. I have the Memo info and
Item ID# in a separate table that I want to add to the Items table. Is there
a way that I can add the memo info to the Items table based on ItemID #????