Re: FoxPro DOS 2.6 temp files

From: mcmike (mcmike_at_discussions.microsoft.com)
Date: 07/07/04

    Date: Wed, 7 Jul 2004 11:07:01 -0700

    Hi Fred,
    Thanks for the reply, the TEMPFILES in the message was in error not the entry in our CONFIG.FP. I posted that at the end of the day here and didn't take time to proof my note properly. Just to be clear, SYS(2023) returns a "C:" and SYS(2019) returns "C:\FOX\CONFIG.FP". The contents of our CONFIG.FP are below.

    Also, one more clue for consideration, when the error occurs our error trapping routine returns the user to the login for the main app. When that happens we get empty tables on the network drive which appear to be generated by the SELECT, (e.g. $ds49d.dbf) even though they should be created in the c:\fox directory. This is why I'm asking if there are some kind of scratch files created by Fox when a SELECT is executed that are not documented in an obvious manner.

    As I said before, this all started when we made changes to our Novell security by setting up some limits on who could acces or change files. We have other FPD programs which work just fine in the same environment so I'm thinking I've missed something in setting up the Novell group which controls my problem app. However I've looked at the settings for other groups which access the same data and they appear to be the same as my problem child.
    EDITWORK =c:\FOX
    SORTWORK = c:\FOX
    PROGWORK =c:\FOX
    TMPFILES =c:\FOX