Resequence a view

From: Andy Trezise (andy_at_work.com)
Date: 02/20/04

Date: Fri, 20 Feb 2004 20:35:25 -0000

I am using a view in my form whcih selects records from an orders table
which is linked to a master customer table by account number.

I began by using table buffering (5) so that I could just commit any changes
at the end of the session which was fine.

I now want to sequence the table so that I can insert or append records
based on a 'sequence field' stepped by 10. When I insert I set the new
sequence number to sequence - 5 and when I append I set it to sequence + 5.
Problem is the view obviously does not reflect the new sequence until after
I have done a tableupdate which I don't want to do until the user is happy
with all the changes.

Thought about using an index but can't do this on a table opened for table
buffering. Which means I'd have to open the view in buffer mode 3 which
begins to defeat the object.

Can anyone suggest anything?

Relevant Pages

  • Outlook initiation problem
    ... account but subordinate account users get the following messages: ... Selecting "Cancel" again repeats the sequence. ... Selecting "Cancel" again repeats the sequence, then loads Outlook but repeats ...
    (microsoft.public.outlook.general)
  • Re: LotRO Create Account?
    ... Sheldon England wrote: ... If I remeber correctly this is the sequence of events I followed: ... Went to the LOTRO site and clicked on "Join the Word Tour" ...
    (comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg)
  • Re: Custom Label Report
    ... It may take a bit more description of YOUR data before folks can provide a ... Are you saying that the account ... sorted in the sequence you need. ...
    (microsoft.public.access.reports)
  • Re: Internet Banking - how does one keep track of security information?
    ... Apart from the fact that the system asks for nonsensical information (eg. ... same password etc. information for more than one account. ... Am I alone in having a problem remembering security information and, ... it is offered I can then put "third" for the third one in the sequence. ...
    (uk.finance)
  • Re: Resequence a view
    ... Open the view using row buffering, then create the index on your sequence ... Then set the buffering to 5 using CursorSetProp() function. ... > I now want to sequence the table so that I can insert or append records ...
    (microsoft.public.fox.vfp.queries-sql)