Resequence a view

From: Andy Trezise (andy_at_work.com)
Date: 02/20/04

Date: Fri, 20 Feb 2004 20:35:25 -0000

I am using a view in my form whcih selects records from an orders table
which is linked to a master customer table by account number.

I began by using table buffering (5) so that I could just commit any changes
at the end of the session which was fine.

I now want to sequence the table so that I can insert or append records
based on a 'sequence field' stepped by 10. When I insert I set the new
sequence number to sequence - 5 and when I append I set it to sequence + 5.
Problem is the view obviously does not reflect the new sequence until after
I have done a tableupdate which I don't want to do until the user is happy
with all the changes.

Thought about using an index but can't do this on a table opened for table
buffering. Which means I'd have to open the view in buffer mode 3 which
begins to defeat the object.

Can anyone suggest anything?