OleDB provider not using index

I've got a large FoxPro table that I'm trying to query from an ASP.NET
application. When I open the .dbf in FoxPro, the query takes .02
seconds to return the 11 records. When I run the query via the OleDb
provider (version 1.1 from January 2006), it takes over 20 seconds. So
far I've tried:

1) using the directory where the .dbf and .cdx are as the source in the
connection string
2) using the .dbf file as the source in the connection string
3) creating a .dbc file and using that as the source in the connection
string

Is there anything else that can be done to force the OleDB provider to
use the index? I've seen references to SET OPTIMIZE ON and SET INDEX
TO, but both of those bomb when submitted as commands via the OleDB
provider.

Thanks,
Bob

  • Re: Connect to Foxpro Data (*.DBF) in VB.Net
    ... OleDB Provider for VFP 9.0 in Microsoft Site ... "DBF" file they need. ... be sure you have the latest FoxPro and Visual FoxPro OLE DB ... > With free tables a DBC file is not present and the connection string should ...
  • Basic ADO.net questions
    ... I'm able to connect fine to a FoxPro tables (*.dbf files) easy enough. ... But when I'm doing a query, what's the most efficient way of doing it? ... use them, somehow, to make my searches and queries run quicker? ...
  • Re: Basic ADO.net questions
    ... > I'm able to connect fine to a FoxPro tables (*.dbf files) easy enough. ... > But when I'm doing a query, what's the most efficient way of doing it? ... If you need only to read them you might use reader object. ...
  • Re: Word mail merge with foxpro
    ... I am trying to connect to a dbf fine not the database. ... > I do not think you will be able to open a .dbc using ODBC by selecting the ... >> but when opening the data source in the mail merge helper I hit problems. ... >> Firstly the files of type drop down does not give a foxpro option. ...
    (microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields)
  • Re: Still having problems merging with DBF
    ... works for older .dbf format files, whereas the FoxPro driver is for more ... see if you can open the DBF in Excel using the FoxPro ... you almost certainly need to install the Jet stuff ...
    (microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields)