Re: OLEDB Newbie - how to ignore deleted rows?

Solution is to use SQL statements "SELECT * FROM ..."
This works OK every time

Regards,

Richard

Anders wrote:
Try sending the command "SET DELETED ON" through VFPOledb
-Anders

"Richard" <rrose@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> skrev i meddelandet news:%23N1L01l9FHA.2816@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

OK, Hopefully this makes things a little clearer.

I've attached six screen shots which are the dialog and properties
boxes available to me in the VS 2005 environment.

I am using the Business Intelligence Studio in SQL2005 - which is just
VS2005. I create a task moving data from FoxPro to SQL, see the
attachment "DataFlow Task.bmp"

I can change the type of command I execute on the OLEDB source to be
either a SQL command (see "OLEDB SQL Source.gif" and "OLEDB SQL
Properties.gif"), or a connection "directly to the table" (see "OLEDB
Table Source.gif" and "OLEDB Table Properties.gif").

The difference between the two is that the SQL command returns only the
valid rows, whereas the direct connection using the Open Rowset method
returns the deleted rows as well. There is also a speed difference for
the complete task of about 8%, the SQL being the slower.

The available properties of the OLEDB connection are shown in the
screenshot "OLEDB Manager.gif". One of these might be the one to change
to ignore deleted rows?

I am not sure how FoxPro works in detail. I don't think it is
client-server, so I assume properties are set at the connection level,
rather than at the database level? If properties are set at the database
level, then there is nothing I can do there, as this is a live
transaction system.

Finally, I realise that this is still using the FoxPro 8.1 OLEDB driver.
The database is FoxPro 8. Should I update the OLEDB driver anyway?

Many thanks,

Richard.