Re: OLEDB Newbie - how to ignore deleted rows?

Solution is to use SQL statements "SELECT * FROM ..."
This works OK every time

Regards,

Richard

Anders wrote:
Try sending the command "SET DELETED ON" through VFPOledb
-Anders

"Richard" <rrose@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> skrev i meddelandet news:%23N1L01l9FHA.2816@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

OK, Hopefully this makes things a little clearer.

I've attached six screen shots which are the dialog and properties
boxes available to me in the VS 2005 environment.

I am using the Business Intelligence Studio in SQL2005 - which is just
VS2005. I create a task moving data from FoxPro to SQL, see the
attachment "DataFlow Task.bmp"

I can change the type of command I execute on the OLEDB source to be
either a SQL command (see "OLEDB SQL Source.gif" and "OLEDB SQL
Properties.gif"), or a connection "directly to the table" (see "OLEDB
Table Source.gif" and "OLEDB Table Properties.gif").

The difference between the two is that the SQL command returns only the
valid rows, whereas the direct connection using the Open Rowset method
returns the deleted rows as well. There is also a speed difference for
the complete task of about 8%, the SQL being the slower.

The available properties of the OLEDB connection are shown in the
screenshot "OLEDB Manager.gif". One of these might be the one to change
to ignore deleted rows?

I am not sure how FoxPro works in detail. I don't think it is
client-server, so I assume properties are set at the connection level,
rather than at the database level? If properties are set at the database
level, then there is nothing I can do there, as this is a live
transaction system.

Finally, I realise that this is still using the FoxPro 8.1 OLEDB driver.
The database is FoxPro 8. Should I update the OLEDB driver anyway?

Many thanks,

Richard.

  • Re: OLEDB Newbie - how to ignore deleted rows?
    ... Try sending the command "SET DELETED ON" through VFPOledb ... > I've attached six screen shots which are the dialog and properties ... I create a task moving data from FoxPro to SQL, ... > I can change the type of command I execute on the OLEDB source to be ...
    (microsoft.public.fox.vfp.dbc)
  • Re: Parameters Question
    ... you can get it to work in OLEDB for SQL by ... > But as I said in my post, I have never been able to get named parameters ... > work in OLEDB for SQL Server. ...
  • Re: Error adding command properties for stored procedure call
    ... however it closely resembles the OleDb samples provided by Microsoft. ... ICommandText interfaces to call a stored procedure, ... Links for SQL Server Books Online: ...
    (microsoft.public.data.oledb)
  • Re: VFP ODBC
    ... to 'get to the data file' and if yer not using the right version of an oleDB ... driver set for VFP. ... I know you don't have v9 - but if I had to sling data into a sql server - ... Save non-verified file DSN? ...
    (microsoft.public.fox.helpwanted)
  • Re: OLEDBCommand vs. SQLCommand
    ... You do not *have* to use OleDb for Oracle. ... SQL compliant - assuming that SQL is a general specification, ... Both of the above are considered to be SQL statements and both do the ...
    (microsoft.public.dotnet.languages.vb)