Re: Call PRG from VB with ODBC

Hi Ken,

You can download the latest FoxPro and Visual FoxPro OLE DB data provider
from msdn.microsoft.com/vfoxpro/downloads/updates. It works with all
versions of FoxPro tables.

cindy_winegarden@xxxxxxx www.cindywinegarden.com
Blog: http://spaces.msn.com/members/cindywinegarden

"Ken D" <KenD@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
> Hi Cindy,
>
> I am using a DBC for my data source. The reason I need to PACK the db is
> that I am developing a standalone app that will be distributed to many
> users,
> all with their own set of data. I will not be managing the data and I
> need
> the records to be deleted when the user wants them deleted. I tried
> executing the PACK command from VB, but it kept throwing errors. I got a
> "File is in use" error and a "Syntax error or access violation" error. I
> tried your code, but it said the provider was unknown. I do not know if I
> have the OLE DB provider for FoxPro 6 on my computer. Is there somewhere
> can download it? I found ones for FP 8 & 9, but not for 6. Are they the
> same, or is there one just for 6 somewhere?
>
> Anyway, because VB was giving me errors, I wrote a program (PRG) that
> packed
> the DB and hoped to have it run everytime FP started. However, with the
> information you provided, it looks like that won't happen. Are there
> other
> ways to PACK a DB either in VB or through some sort of stored procedure in
> FP?
>
> Thanks bunches

  • Re: Stored Procedures
    ... Also bei uns gibt es im Globalen Applikationsobjekt ne public Eigenschaft in der wir den aktuell eingeloggten User ablegen. ... Wird per OLEDB Provider auf die Datenbank zugegriffen, kann man in den SP nicht alle FoxPro Befehle usw. benutzen! ...
    (microsoft.public.de.fox)
  • Re: Connecting to Fox Pro Databases and Tables
    ... Please be sure you've got the latest FoxPro and Visual FoxPro OLE DB data ... provider, downloadable from msdn.microsoft.com/vfoxpro/downloads/updates. ... Here's some VB.NET code examples to access FoxPro data. ...
    (microsoft.public.data.odbc)
  • Re: Problems regarding adodataset in Foxpro database
    ... the provider you mentioned even though I have already installed Visual ... Would you mind give me more hints about this? ... >> foxpro free table? ... > ADO Browser for viewing ADO properties on your system. ...
    (borland.public.delphi.database.ado)
  • RE: ODBC Foxpro 6.0 - Variable Q415P25 is not found.
    ... Have you tried using the VFP OLE DB Provider instead? ... This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, ... Microsoft FoxPro Technical Support ...
    (microsoft.public.fox.vfp.dbc)
  • Re: How do you access Visual Foxpro DBF files from SQL2005/8 x64?
    ... Does the 64bit ODBC driver access FoxPro? ... VFPOLEDB is a 32 bit provider and is not recognized after installation as ...
    (microsoft.public.data.oledb)