Why do some date fields have DataType D(8) instead of DataType D?

From: Peter (Peter_at_discussions.microsoft.com)
Date: 03/09/05

    Date: Wed, 9 Mar 2005 11:57:07 -0800

    I'm looking at the SQL statement of a remoteview to a SQL Server table
    through View SQL of the View Designer and the prg generated from gendbc. I
    notice that some Date fields are showing having DataType D or DataType
    D(8). What is the difference between DataType D and DataType D(8)?

    Thanks.

    • Re: Bitwise OR just like SUM or COUNT
      ... SQL is a high level language; ... SQL Server's BIT datatype ...
    • Re: SQL Injection - SQL query comments
      ... SELECT statements joined by UNION must have the same number of columns with compatible datatypes in each statement. ... You'll have to cast USERNAME as a sql_variant datatype - it wouldn't hurt to cast the filler columns as well just so you don't have to figure out the ... SQL Injection - SQL query comments ... Cross site scripting and other web attacks before hackers do! ...
      (Pen-Test)
    • Re: Convert bit feld to Yes/No
      ... SQL Server defined the bit datatype, ... a high-level language I really don't know or care how it is stored. ... I do know that the True value of a Boolean datatype can take several forms. ... > SQL is a high level language; it is abstract and defined without regard ...
    • Re: Simple Best Practice Question
      ... , @Param1 datatype ... Beginning SQL Programming (Programmer to Programmer), John Kauffman, Brian ... The book gives step-by-step instructions, alerts readers to common pitfalls, ...
    • Re: SQL Data Types (7 vs 2k)
      ... What it sounds like is they have a WHERE clause that is ... comparing two different datatypes and the proper indexes are being used. ... Andrew J. Kelly SQL MVP ... > datatype precedence in WHERE clauses in SQL2K vs. ...