VFP 6 & 8

From: Wilson (wilson_at_sinaisoft.com)
Date: 01/30/05

Date: Sun, 30 Jan 2005 14:16:38 +1100

Friends,

I was using the following query ini VFP 6:

    SELECT lev_name, SUM(leave_acc) ;
    FROM vEmpPayLeaves ;
    GROUP BY leave_code ;
    INTO CURSOR vPaySlipLeaves

After I migrated to VFP8 this query gives error as "SQL: GROUP BY clause is
missing or invalid". But if I exclude lev_name (fields without SUM) it
works.

This query still works in VFP6
My database is Access. I tried to run this query in Access and it works
fine!

Any idea to solve this issue?

Thanks in advance

Wilson

Relevant Pages

  • Re: DBMS and lisp, etc.
    ... Naively implemented with SQL, again for 10 ... (1 query for the initial orders, 1 query for each order for its ... soon as you upgrade to the SQL database. ... (eq (order-customer orderA) ...
    (comp.lang.lisp)
  • Re: Populating a list -- table structure?
    ... I had made a report already and figured out about adding the ... your responce below, but thanks to your help with SQL, I was able to get the ... It takes a summary from a select query and gives the ... KitID, long integer ...
    (microsoft.public.access.forms)
  • How do I do Paging through a large dataset via Stored Procedures
    ... Paging by dynamically altering the SQL Query ... Create stored procedures ... SELECT * FROM STUDENTS ...
  • Re: Populating a list -- table structure?
    ... I don't mean to skip your responce below, but thanks to your help with SQL, I was able to get the query to pull the info the way I needed. ... I have one report complete, ... Queries (just shows the QBE grid for convenience -- ...
    (microsoft.public.access.forms)
  • Re: Populating a list -- learning Access
    ... It is kinda funny -- I started using databases in the early 80's with dBase and, for years, never knew that I knew SQL! ... If you are on a form or report, the most important property is the NAME, because that is how you refer to it in code. ... I don't mean to skip your responce below, but thanks to your help with SQL, I was able to get the query to pull the info the way I needed. ... Queries (just shows the QBE grid for convenience -- ...
    (microsoft.public.access.forms)