Re: alias changed

From: Rick Bean (rgbean_at_unrealmelange-inc.com)
Date: 11/23/04

Date: Tue, 23 Nov 2004 10:29:32 -0500

Wilson,
You've obviously modified you code to simply it for posting. Unfortunately you may have eliminated the problem, because other than the fact that ALIAS() like you've written it won't (can't) return anything, there isn't anything that would produce these results.

Can you post your actual code? Are you using service pack 5 with VFP 6.0? Is there any ON ERROR in effect? Is this code in a .PRG file, or is it in a form's method (or class)?

Rick

"Wilson Thomas" <wilson@sinaisoft.com> wrote in message news:41a273e3$0$17544$afc38c87@news.optusnet.com.au...
> Dear friends,
>
> I am using VFP 6. When I issue command "SET DATE TO ymd" selected alias
> changed.
>
> Eg:
> USE records
> USE employee
>
> SELECT employee
> ALIAS() && returns "Employee"
>
> SET DATE TO ymd
>
> ALIAS() && returns "records"
>
> Any way to solve this?
>
> Wilson

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Carpet Cleaning business equipment/questions
    ... Joe speaks with wisdom. ... friends as employees. ... have enough work to hire a full time employee, ... I had a chance to attend some business college, ...
    (alt.home.repair)
  • Re: 2011UK Census - want a look?
    ... my "friends" don't already know. ... A company I worked for lost an employee because their expartner found out where they lived and made their life a misery. ...
    (soc.genealogy.britain)
  • Re: Blue Ridge Pkwy Re: On and OT: arrived in Florida safe and sound
    ... like in private industry (based on what friends tell me). ... are too apt to say that I saw government employee doing ... XXX, being lazy, etc. and tarring everyone with that brush. ...
    (rec.crafts.textiles.quilting)
  • Re: grr... this old nut
    ... > I have a class employee defined with; ... only friends can touch your employee's private parts, ... make operator+(const employee& e1, const employee& e2) a friend of employee: ...
    (comp.lang.cpp)
  • Re: 2 tables=2 forms but need one to open to specific record of th
    ... Rick is right about how you structure your tables ... an employee and the collection of accumulative notes, ... tracks personal information and a table that I would like to store notes ... Using one memo field in a single record for all notes per-person is not a ...
    (microsoft.public.access.forms)