How to free a dbf table if dbc file is missing

From: Sunil (kadasunil_at_hotmail.com)
Date: 11/17/04

    Date: Wed, 17 Nov 2004 08:39:43 -0500

    Hi All,

    Hope you guys can help me out. I have export of dbf files without dbc file
    included. I would be getting frequent export of these files. I am
    developing a vb.net console application to read data from these files.
    My application is failing when I try to read count of records in those dbf
    files and the error is "Cannot open
    file xxx.dbc". (since the .dbc file is missing) I am using the below
    connection string
    "provider=VFPOLEDB.1; SourceType=dbf; data source=c:\temp\;"

    Is there a way to read the files without the database file (dbc) or way to
    free the tables programmatically without double clicking the dbf file to
    free the table.

    Thanks in advance.

    Sunil