Re: Rename Database

From: David Frankenbach (sendnospam_at_sendnospam.net)
Date: 11/09/04

    Date: Mon, 8 Nov 2004 22:19:41 -0600

    Demetrios,

    BACKUP everything before doing this.

    If the DBC is in a project collapse the Data section and close the project.
    close data all
    modi project TheProject
    expand the Data section
    expand the Database section
    select the database to rename
    rightclick and select rename
    rename it
    all of the tables will have their back pointer updated.

    --
    df - Microsoft MVP FoxPro    http://www.geocities.com/df_foxpro
    "Demetrios Panayotakopoulos" <dpan__dp@_ath.forthnet.gr> wrote in message
    > Is it possible to rename a Database in VFP 6 ?

    • Re: Rename Database
      ... modi project TheProject ... expand the Database section ... select the database to rename ...
    • Re: Rename Database
      ... I didn't think to use the Right Click to find the Rename ... CONV.PRG the OLD database name to the NEW database name but left the ... Demetrios, Greece ... > expand the Database section ...
      (microsoft.public.fox.vfp.dbc)
    • Re: Rename Database
      ... I didn't think to use the Right Click to find the Rename ... CONV.PRG the OLD database name to the NEW database name but left the ... Demetrios, Greece ... > expand the Database section ...
    • Re: Change Field Name in Table
      ... try to figure out the delete and/or renaming it again. ... table with the make Table query or even using the DoCmd Copy. ... move everything over to another database and use the new database. ... was Imported and you should be able to rename it. ...
      (microsoft.public.access.formscoding)
    • Re: Havent done anything real with OOP yet.
      ... >>As the resident OO skeptic, may I ask why you are interested in ... Is it because you wish to expand your ... database becomes the "noun model", ... Common Language Runtime system, which makes programming ...
      (comp.object)