Compiler doesn't seem to work properly at all times

From: Anonymous (wipeout64_at_hotmail.com)
Date: 11/03/04

Date: 3 Nov 2004 08:03:26 -0800

In version Visual FoxPro 7.0, the compiler doesn't always seem to be
doing it's job. I've noticed this also in version 6.0 regardless of
the service packs. Well, frequently I dismissed it thinking perhaps
it's an error in code or I changed something that effected it. Well,
just the other day I simply took a label off of a screen and I thought
I deleted all references to it. Ran the screen several times with no
problem. Either later in the day or the next day, I ran the screen and
received an error that I had not deleted a reference in the init of
the screen. Regardless of what I had done in the screen, the reference
in the init error should have displayed. It was a plain no conditional
reference. I did notice in version 6.0, changes that I had done seemed
to be undone after a few compiles. I stopped this from occurring by
deleting the .bak files frequently. Well I have the .bak file option
shut off in version 7.0. It seems that the files in the background
(screens can be treated as tables like the reports), these changes
aren't saved properly or permanently for some reason. Anyone else
experienceing this? Anything I can do about this? It's embarassing and
I can't do my job properly if I have to be my own manual compiler!

Relevant Pages

  • Compiler Problems
    ... the compiler doesn't always seem to be doing ... I've noticed this also in version 6.0 regardless of the service ... Regardless of what I had done in the screen, the reference ... It seems that the files in the background (screens can be treated as ...
  • Re: Compiler Problems
    ... Microsoft Visual FoxPro MVP ... > In version Visual FoxPro 7.0, the compiler doesn't always seem to be doing ... Regardless of what I had done in the screen, the reference ... It seems that the files in the background (screens can be treated as ...
  • Re: Compiler Problems
    ... Mondo Cool TeleCom -> http://www.efgroup.net/efgcog.html ... > In version Visual FoxPro 7.0, the compiler doesn't always seem to be doing ... Regardless of what I had done in the screen, the reference ... It seems that the files in the background (screens can be treated as ...
  • Re: Compiler doesnt seem to work properly at all times
    ... Do you have VFP file extensions excluded from your anti-virus program? ... Regardless of what I had done in the screen, the reference ... > (screens can be treated as tables like the reports), ... > I can't do my job properly if I have to be my own manual compiler! ...
    (microsoft.public.fox.vfp.dbc)
  • Re: cobol12
    ... > This is a 16-bit COBOL compiler for DOS and Windows. ... > and includes other non-standard features such as the modules that ... This is a DOS ... program which creates its own GUI screens. ...
    (comp.lang.cobol)