Use date filters and parameters in views

From: Trimtrom (trimtrom_at_ntlworld.com)
Date: 08/28/04

    Date: 28 Aug 2004 07:07:43 -0700

    Hi,
    i am a Foxpro 6.0 beginner and I am trying to use a database view. I
    am trying to create a filter using a date field and am having enormous
    problems.

    I am trying to select records equal to a date in a view parameter
    (?paradate is the name) and I find I cannot use the = sign in creating
    the filter. An empty recordset is returned. The same using the <
    sign. However, using the > sign, all the records in the table are
    returned! I am obviously not treating the date field or the parameter
    correctly, and I would be grateful if someone could show me how to
    create a view filter based on this date field.

    Many thanks,
    Trimtrom