Use date filters and parameters in views

From: Trimtrom (trimtrom_at_ntlworld.com)
Date: 08/28/04

    Date: 28 Aug 2004 07:07:43 -0700

    Hi,
    i am a Foxpro 6.0 beginner and I am trying to use a database view. I
    am trying to create a filter using a date field and am having enormous
    problems.

    I am trying to select records equal to a date in a view parameter
    (?paradate is the name) and I find I cannot use the = sign in creating
    the filter. An empty recordset is returned. The same using the <
    sign. However, using the > sign, all the records in the table are
    returned! I am obviously not treating the date field or the parameter
    correctly, and I would be grateful if someone could show me how to
    create a view filter based on this date field.

    Many thanks,
    Trimtrom

    • Re: OO vs. RDB challenge
      ... > Layer 1. ... If you filter your data after you retrieve it, ... possible to redesign the database schema to enable SQL to do its job. ... A good RDBMS could integrate an external authentication server. ...
      (comp.object)
    • Re: Access module does not continue past the Filter Method
      ... If you get this problem in any database at all, ... the subroutine went back to not working again. ... Public Sub Apply_Tech_Filter ... Debug.Print "Past the Filter" ...
      (microsoft.public.access.modulesdaovba)
    • Re: Lots of Bits
      ... and performance is perhaps increased for the database. ... purist might frown upon it for more theoretical purposes as well as the many ... > match customer filter values with campaign filter values. ...
    • Re: Access module does not continue past the Filter Method
      ... I have only seen the problem of "no runtime error messages" in this database. ... Public Sub Apply_Tech_Filter ... Debug.Print "Past the Filter" ...
      (microsoft.public.access.modulesdaovba)
    • Re: Apply filter macro
      ... property to True to make sure the filter is actually being applied. ... > I have two separate database applications with similar ... I have placed a command button on the form ... >>Bryan Reich ...
      (microsoft.public.access.macros)