Re: Access a DBF on another PC

From: Sietse Wijnker (sietse.wijnker_at_ATsw-software.nl)
Date: 08/20/04

Date: Fri, 20 Aug 2004 17:08:36 +0200

Hi Scott,

There's been an update for the OLEDB provider that was included in SP1 for
VFP8. Have you installed VFP8 SP1 on the other machine?
Download the VFP OLEDB update here:
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=0f43eb58-7a94-4ae1-a59e-965869cb3bc9&displaylang=en

HTH,
Sietse WIjnker

"SQLScott" <SQLScott@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi Olaf,
>
> Yes, both resolve to the same directory, and both machines have the drive
> mapped using the same credentials. The only difference is that on the
> machine that works, I have the full version of VFP 8 installed, but on the
> machine that doesn't work I only have the 8.0 FP OleDb driver installed.
>
> Scott
>
> "Olaf Doschke" wrote:
>
> > > "Referenced object has a value of 'Nothing'"
> > >
> > > However, this same code works on the pc local to the FP database.
> > Does p:\data\hr180.dbf resolve to the same drive/directory
> > on both computers? Is the drive P: mapped correctly?
> > Do you simply have some permission problem for that
> > directory?
> >
> > Bye, Olaf.

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Langsames Select bei grosser Datenmenge
    ... OleDB machen kann, bzw. abfragen kann. ... dein Seek() Ausdruck entspricht genau dem existierenden Index. ... Zur Zeit bin ich am Umbauen eines Services von Vfp auf C#. ...
    (microsoft.public.de.fox)
  • Re: ODBC to OLEDB data access
    ... DBAs ran a trace window on backend saw that data of integer type in ... VFP is read as numeric or float in SQL2000. ... use OLEDB instead of ODBC as data access to avoid this issue. ... > view, and probably turn the RecordSet into a cursor, using the ...
    (microsoft.public.fox.helpwanted)
  • Re: 32bit oledb drivers on 64 bit server
    ... There is no application the vfp oledb is being used on web pages. ... There is no 64-bit VFP OLE DB Provider at this time. ... compile the executable as a 32-bit application. ...
  • Re: vb or vfp: advice needed
    ... It's my understanding that OLEDB and ODBC drivers should use Rushmore as ... Is this consultant telling you there's NO difference? ... Additionally, if this guy is all .NET and no VFP, he ... VFP in some of the niceties, e.g., incorporation of SQL Server management ...
  • Re: which programming language ?
    ... > accessed through either ODBC or OLEDB. ... >> But I was wondering which other programming language can open a native ... >> a vfp table. ...