FoxPro Database Connection

From: JParchem (jparchem_at_msa-ps.com)
Date: 08/18/04

Date: 18 Aug 2004 15:00:35 -0700

Hello,

I am attempting to connect to data we have in a FoxPro database using
ODBC and ASP.

The web hosting machine is Windows 2000 Server running IIS5. .NET
framework has been added. Microsoft Visual FoxPro Driver:
6.01.8630.01. Running the most recent MDAC as well.

The database is on a Novell cluster, so I am using the most recent
Novell client to connect to the server. I have a mapped drive to
connect to the DBC with.

I had a hard time just opening the DBC file, but through switching
between a system and user account and that fixed that. Now, it
connects to the database, but can't open any of the table files:
[Microsoft][ODBC Visual FoxPro Driver]Cannot open file

I have tried a number of solutions and have not found anything. I
think it might have to do with the DBC file already being open? That
doesn't fly because multiple people access this data using 3rd party
software.

Please advise,
Joseph Parchem
Network Administrator