FoxPro Database Connection

From: JParchem (jparchem_at_msa-ps.com)
Date: 08/18/04

Date: 18 Aug 2004 15:00:35 -0700

Hello,

I am attempting to connect to data we have in a FoxPro database using
ODBC and ASP.

The web hosting machine is Windows 2000 Server running IIS5. .NET
framework has been added. Microsoft Visual FoxPro Driver:
6.01.8630.01. Running the most recent MDAC as well.

The database is on a Novell cluster, so I am using the most recent
Novell client to connect to the server. I have a mapped drive to
connect to the DBC with.

I had a hard time just opening the DBC file, but through switching
between a system and user account and that fixed that. Now, it
connects to the database, but can't open any of the table files:
[Microsoft][ODBC Visual FoxPro Driver]Cannot open file

I have tried a number of solutions and have not found anything. I
think it might have to do with the DBC file already being open? That
doesn't fly because multiple people access this data using 3rd party
software.

Please advise,
Joseph Parchem
Network Administrator

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Import Visual FoxPro file using code
    ... I notice in your connection string you refer to file names like x.DBC. ... there is a DBC file present then the tables were created with Visual Foxpro ... > To get the Database Name property, I linked the required table and looked ...
    (microsoft.public.access.externaldata)
  • RE: TRIAL: activation doesnt work, errors in installation
    ... the same wall with the wizard (could not find connection to Internet). ... 1919 and refer to MS Access, Excel Files, Visual FoxPro DAtabase, Visual ... Error 1919: Error Configuring ODBC Data Source: MS Access Database, ...
    (microsoft.public.visio.general)
  • Re: Just an opinion
    ... But to understand the concept of ADO or other database ... To my opinion installing a foxpro.exe on a customer system is easier (needs ... I use both depending on the needs. ... > Basic is better than Visual Foxpro, and i said that it depends on the ...
  • Re: VFP ODBC
    ... SQL server is a database, ... The ODBC driver was last updated for VFP6. ... I installed the Visual FoxPro 6.0 now and opened the dbc file. ... Save non-verified file DSN? ...
    (microsoft.public.fox.helpwanted)
  • Re: ms access / foxpro / ole db
    ... there is any autoincrement field. ... what I am trying to do is to browse the database ... VFP database unknown to me. ... the Visual FoxPro, VFP OLE DB, OleDbConnection entry. ...
    (microsoft.public.fox.helpwanted)