Re: Application closes my temporary table Automatically.

From: Lee Mitchell (Leemi_at_online.microsoft.com)
Date: 08/18/04

    Date: Wed, 18 Aug 2004 19:33:05 GMT

    Hi John:

    I think I understand. The TEMPTABLE has two records in it and both have
    the data from the original CREATE SQL VIEW command. If this is the case,
    try selecting the view, issuing a ReQuery() function, and then the append
    routine in to TEMPTABLE.

    I hope this helps.

    Sincerely,
    Microsoft FoxPro Technical Support
    Lee Mitchell

    *-- VFP9 Public Beta Now Available!! --*
    Download the VFP9 beta here: http://msdn.microsoft.com/vfoxpro/

    *-- VFP8 HAS ARRIVED!! --*
    Read about all the new features of VFP8 here:
       http://www.universalthread.com/VisualFoxPro/News/VFP8Release.asp
    Purchase VFP8 here:
       http://shop.microsoft.com/Referral/Productinfo.asp?siteID=11518

    Keep an eye on the product lifecycle for Visual FoxPro here:
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?id=fh;[ln];lifeprodv
       - VFP5 Mainstream Support retired June 30th, 2003
       - VFP6 Mainstream Support retired Sept. 30th, 2003

    >Thank you Lee. But I don't think I explaned myself well.

    >Let me take this on steps so that I don't lose the real problem in the
    >shuffle.

    >Here is my situation.

    >Say I use the CREATE SQL VIEW to create the remote view.

    >Ok. now after I have the SQL-VIEW say the cursor is called CURSOR-X, I do
    >the following.

    >*** Example of what I am doing in code ***
    >Select CURSOR-X
    >COPY STRUCTURE TO TEMPTABLE
    >USE TEMPTABLE IN SELECT(1) SHARED
    >*** End of Example

    >Now, I RE-RUN my CREATE SQL VIEW and create CURSOR-X "AGAIN" with NEW DATA.

    >I do not RE-DO THE ABOVE EXAMPLE. I browse CURSOR-X exit the browse which
    >leaves the record pointer on the record I want to capture.

    >Now, I do this:

    >*** Example of what I am doing in code ***
    >Scatter Memvar && Creates Memory Variables with the same Names as the
    Table

    "Lee Mitchell" <Leemi@online.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Hi John:
    >
    > This is behaving as expected. You are correct in your observation that
    the
    > table is overwritten with the SQL-VIEW command. The table is recreated
    and
    > populated with fresh data. The CREATE SQL VIEW does not have an 'additive'
    > clause.
    >
    > I would send the results of the view to a cursor instead of a table and
    > then copy the results to your table.
    >
    > I hope this helps.

    rights.

    > Sincerely,
    > Microsoft FoxPro Technical Support
    > Lee Mitchell
    >
    > *-- VFP9 Public Beta Now Available!! --*
    > Download the VFP9 beta here: http://msdn.microsoft.com/vfoxpro/
    >
    > *-- VFP8 HAS ARRIVED!! --*
    > Read about all the new features of VFP8 here:
    > http://www.universalthread.com/VisualFoxPro/News/VFP8Release.asp
    > Purchase VFP8 here:
    > http://shop.microsoft.com/Referral/Productinfo.asp?siteID=11518
    >
    > Keep an eye on the product lifecycle for Visual FoxPro here:
    > http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?id=fh;[ln];lifeprodv
    > - VFP5 Mainstream Support retired June 30th, 2003
    > - VFP6 Mainstream Support retired Sept. 30th, 2003
    >

    > >Hello.
    >
    > >I have an application I am building in VFP8.
    >
    > >The problem I am having is that I use two tables. One is just for
    > >information, the other is to put the information into.
    >
    > >The first table is created with a SQL - VIEW command. The second is
    > created
    > >from a blank stucture.
    >
    > >The second table seems to be re-created automatically when ever I run the
    > >SQL - VIEW to get more info to put in.
    >
    > >I use a variable called: "LISINVOICE" and "!USED('INVENT') to make sure
    the
    > >I am creating an invoice and that the table does not exsist.
    >
    > >Well in my Debug window I typed in the WATCH window:
    >
    > >used('invent') = .t.
    > >!used('invent') = .f.
    > >reccount('invent') = 0
    >
    > >The above display is what I start with. Then "reccount" turns to 1, but
    > >when I run the SQL - VIEW again and select an item, instead of adding it
    > >the new temporary table it re-creates the table from scratch and puts
    only
    > >the last record I selected in the table.
    >
    > >Any ideas why?
    >
    > >I have searched everywhere for possible forgotten codes and I have
    nothing
    > >that even calls the Work Environment nor the Table Name or Alias.
    >
    > >I am tired of tampering with this. Can anyone help me here.????
    >
    > >Thank you in advance,
    >

    > >John

    • Re: COBOL stored procedure for DB2
      ... Regarding how you precompile the app, you must specify target mfcob to db2 prep, rather than target ibmcob. ... Have you also confirmed that, prior to executing the CALL statement, the host variables specified within the client app have the appropriate values? ... MODIFIES SQL DATA ... confirm the cob command used for creating the SP module. ...
      (comp.lang.cobol)
    • Re: COBOL stored procedure for DB2
      ... Have you also confirmed that, prior to executing the CALL statement, the ... The DB2 CREATE PROCEDURE statement. ... MODIFIES SQL DATA ... confirm the cob command used for creating the SP module. ...
      (comp.lang.cobol)
    • Re: Can I get Consultancy advice on SQL/Fox in the UK (South East)
      ... My problem is the two Sequel Server tables within one database with which I ... Don't ask me why but the SQL designers have NOT ... command that I can initiate with SQLCONNECT, ... > While you're in the View Designer, right-click and view the SQL code. ...
      (microsoft.public.fox.helpwanted)
    • Re: Optimistic Concurrency on UpdateCommand...
      ... client device, I update that column with a non-null datetime and then try to ... 1!!!If I copy and paste the command ... With the 4th column not allowing nulls, the optimistic concurrency code ... Can I have a nullable datetime column in my Sql ...
    • Re: Select - SQL vs. SUM
      ... If you have to use an earlier version of VFP earlier than 9, ... >> also force VFP to read from the buffer with a new clause in the SQL ... >> The SELECT command doesn't move the record pointer in the grid's record ... >>> I have a grid whose recordsource is a table named _payments. ...