Re: Application closes my temporary table Automatically.

From: Lee Mitchell (Leemi_at_online.microsoft.com)
Date: 08/18/04

    Date: Wed, 18 Aug 2004 19:33:05 GMT

    Hi John:

    I think I understand. The TEMPTABLE has two records in it and both have
    the data from the original CREATE SQL VIEW command. If this is the case,
    try selecting the view, issuing a ReQuery() function, and then the append
    routine in to TEMPTABLE.

    I hope this helps.

    Sincerely,
    Microsoft FoxPro Technical Support
    Lee Mitchell

    *-- VFP9 Public Beta Now Available!! --*
    Download the VFP9 beta here: http://msdn.microsoft.com/vfoxpro/

    *-- VFP8 HAS ARRIVED!! --*
    Read about all the new features of VFP8 here:
       http://www.universalthread.com/VisualFoxPro/News/VFP8Release.asp
    Purchase VFP8 here:
       http://shop.microsoft.com/Referral/Productinfo.asp?siteID=11518

    Keep an eye on the product lifecycle for Visual FoxPro here:
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?id=fh;[ln];lifeprodv
       - VFP5 Mainstream Support retired June 30th, 2003
       - VFP6 Mainstream Support retired Sept. 30th, 2003

    >Thank you Lee. But I don't think I explaned myself well.

    >Let me take this on steps so that I don't lose the real problem in the
    >shuffle.

    >Here is my situation.

    >Say I use the CREATE SQL VIEW to create the remote view.

    >Ok. now after I have the SQL-VIEW say the cursor is called CURSOR-X, I do
    >the following.

    >*** Example of what I am doing in code ***
    >Select CURSOR-X
    >COPY STRUCTURE TO TEMPTABLE
    >USE TEMPTABLE IN SELECT(1) SHARED
    >*** End of Example

    >Now, I RE-RUN my CREATE SQL VIEW and create CURSOR-X "AGAIN" with NEW DATA.

    >I do not RE-DO THE ABOVE EXAMPLE. I browse CURSOR-X exit the browse which
    >leaves the record pointer on the record I want to capture.

    >Now, I do this:

    >*** Example of what I am doing in code ***
    >Scatter Memvar && Creates Memory Variables with the same Names as the
    Table