Re: Application closes my temporary table Automatically.

From: Juan Alonso (jacinc2_at_hotmail.com)
Date: 08/18/04

Date: Wed, 18 Aug 2004 14:18:05 -0400

Thank you Lee. But I don't think I explaned myself well.

Let me take this on steps so that I don't lose the real problem in the
shuffle.

Here is my situation.

Say I use the CREATE SQL VIEW to create the remote view.

Ok. now after I have the SQL-VIEW say the cursor is called CURSOR-X, I do
the following.

*** Example of what I am doing in code ***
Select CURSOR-X
COPY STRUCTURE TO TEMPTABLE
USE TEMPTABLE IN SELECT(1) SHARED
*** End of Example

Now, I RE-RUN my CREATE SQL VIEW and create CURSOR-X "AGAIN" with NEW DATA.

I do not RE-DO THE ABOVE EXAMPLE. I browse CURSOR-X exit the browse which
leaves the record pointer on the record I want to capture.

Now, I do this:

*** Example of what I am doing in code ***
Scatter Memvar && Creates Memory Variables with the same Names as the Table
Fields.
Select TEMPTABLE
APPEND BLANK
Gather Memvar && Fills the blank record with the data captured by the
SCATTER COMMAND.
*** End of Example

Now, I repeat the same thing, but here comes the problem.
The TEMPTABLE only holds the last appended data I selected from the CREATE
SQL VIEW data.

I do understand that CREATE SQL VIEW will create a new table each time I run
but what does my TEMPTABLE has anything
to do with CURSOR-X???

I first did the COPY STRUCTURE COMMAND inside forms I was using so I thought
that had issues so I took it out and do it programatically now.

I still get the same problem.

Sorry if my last explanation was not clear I sometimes get ahead of my
thinking...LOL :-)

Well, hope anyone can help cuz this is new to me....

Thank you,

John.