Re: VFP Memos and OleDB

From: Stefan Wuebbe (stefan.wuebbe_at_gmx.de)
Date: 08/14/04

Date: Sun, 15 Aug 2004 00:59:36 +0200

Michael,

Did you try the updated vfpoledb.dll that ships with Vfp9 Public Beta?
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=23fbc57b-93b0-4cb7-b376-53ca04fca159&displaylang=en

-Stefan

"Michael Schuldenfrei" <michaels-no-spAm@actionbase.nospam.com> schrieb im
Newsbeitrag news:%23i84x74fEHA.384@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl...
> I've also tried adding "Locale Identifier=1252;" to the connection string -
> the bug still happens. Any other ideas?
>
> Michael
>

> "Michael Schuldenfrei" <michaels-no-spAm@actionbase.nospam.com> wrote in
> message news:un4$tw4fEHA.3944@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl...
>> Stefan,
>>
>> Thanks for the response. I have performed a number of tests and come up
>> with interesting conclusions.
>>
>> 1. The problem is reproducible even in a simple console application
> (sample
>> below).
>> 2. It ONLY occurs when there are code page mismatches. My machine is
>> running in a Hebrew locale (CP-1255) while the DBF file I am accessing was
>> created using CP-1252 (English). In this configuration, the problem is
>> consistent. I haven't tried other codepage variations.
>>
>> Does anyone know if it is possible to change the code page for the OLE DB
>> driver (like the "codepage" option in config.fpw)? Perhaps that will
> solve
>> the problem.
>>
>> Thanks again,
>>
>> Michael
>>
>> Here is the simple code I wrote to reproduce the problem:
>>
>> static void Main(string[] args)
>> {
>> OleDbConnection conn = new OleDbConnection();
>> OleDbCommand cmd = new OleDbCommand();
>> conn.ConnectionString = @"Data Source=" +
>> @"""E:\Test.NET\TestVFPMemo\data\VFPTest.dbc"";" +
>> @"Provider=""VFPOLEDB.1"";Collating Sequence=GENERAL;Mode=Share Deny
>> None";
>> cmd.Connection = conn;
>> conn.Open();
>>
>> cmd.CommandText = "Select notes from Test where schoolid=1";
>> string s = (string)cmd.ExecuteScalar();
>>
>> cmd.CommandText = "Update test set notes=? where schoolid=1";
>> cmd.Parameters.Add(new OleDbParameter("sometext", s+s+s));
>> cmd.ExecuteNonQuery();
>>
>> conn.Close();
>> }
>>
>> Note that the referenced database has a single table "test" with two
> fields:
>> schoolid (integer) and notes (memo).
>>

>> "Stefan Wuebbe" <stefan.wuebbe@gmx.de> wrote in message
>> > Hi Michael,
>> >
>> > Can you reproduce the effect in pure C# / VB, to track down
>> > if it's an OleDB problem or rather CLR / .Net or even an IIS
>> > issue or a particular combination of these?
>> >

>> > -Stefan
>> >
>> > "Michael Schuldenfrei" <michaels-no-spAm@actionbase.nospam.com> schrieb
> im
>> > Newsbeitrag news:%23cPOKGxfEHA.2984@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl...

>> latest
>> updating
>> but if
> characters
>> get

>> character
>> "Update
>> results.

Relevant Pages

  • Re: The Bug of ReadLine?
    ... Michael Harris ... I guess I wasn't clear on this, it seems to be corrupting the file on an NT ... > Given an ordinary ASCII text file (even one with some null characters ... the data is being corrupted when it is read by readline. ...
    (microsoft.public.scripting.vbscript)
  • Review: The Last Kiss (*** 1/2)
    ... THE LAST KISS ... A film review by Steve Rhodes ... The characters are appealing, and the dialog is sharp and smart. ... The story is really about Michael, ...
    (misc.kids)
  • Review: The Last Kiss (2006)
    ... A film review by Steve Rhodes ... THE LAST KISS, loosely adapted from an equally charming Italian film of the ... The characters are appealing, and the dialog is ... The story is really about Michael, ...
    (rec.arts.movies.reviews)
  • Re: replace characters by numbers
    ... Tom Ogilvy ... "Michael E." ... sometimes the replacement logic is ... characters by numbers is mainly for statistic reasons. ...
    (microsoft.public.excel.programming)
  • Re: American Civil War-era code/cipher
    ... > Michael wrote: ... >> PGP and have played with a code and a cipher of two, ... >> The lady has the diary of and a handful of letters from one of the ... >> entirely of the above characters. ...
    (sci.crypt)