open network dbc with password

From: BlueStellar (BlueStellar_at_discussions.microsoft.com)
Date: 08/13/04

    Date: Fri, 13 Aug 2004 13:55:03 -0700

    I would like my foxpro application to connect to a dbc on server that
    requires a password. I don't want to mapp a drive but would like to use a
    url or some thing to log on to the server that requires a password. ex.
    OPEN DATABASE \\server1\c$\data\books.dbc with password.

    Is anything like this possible?

    • RE: SOLVED: Can Win2003 restrict the rights to call a COM method? (C++ and simple component created
      ... I am glad the DEP suggestion worked for you. ... Microsoft FoxPro Technical Support ... feature in Windows XP Service Pack 2, Windows XP Tablet PC Edition 2005, ... Server machine. ...
    • Re: VFP 10
      ... Sybase ist auch sehr um VFP Anwender bemüht ... "I've put together a short screencast for FoxPro users who are curious about Advantage, but don't know where to start. ... Die Zugriffskomponenten sind wie der lokal Server kostenlos, ... zumindest solange noch 32-Bit Applikationen in Windows unterstützt werden. ...
      (microsoft.public.de.fox)
    • Re: Com server
      ... > com server: ... > In a second instance of foxpro instanciate ... > communication between some instances of your app ... and Stefan) or had to have more than one record in the temp file to be able ...
    • Re: VFP 8 and ODBC connection
      ... Using ODBC in a Foxpro ... dedicated application server and the database part of the software on ... I have tried giving full access to all the folders available read, ...
      (microsoft.public.fox.helpwanted)
    • Re: What is the solution about this project?
      ... > I have a project that need to use a WinCE deviceto capture data ... > then send to an existing Foxpro database throught wireless network. ... Make a PC program that used as a server that listens to a TCP socket ...