Re: Upsizing a VFP 8.0 database

From: Patrick (Draynor_at_wallyworld.com)
Date: 08/10/04

Date: Mon, 09 Aug 2004 22:51:36 -0400

Running SQL 2000 on a WIndows 200 advanced server set up.
I cant tell what record is causing the error as it appears to show up
after the append is finished as all the reocrds are in the SQL table.
and it appears all the fileds are correct with no corrupted data..
Just his stupid error message at theend of the append.

and its not actually happening at the upsize process but after when I
first try to append data to the SQL tables.

select sqldeploy
append from deploy for archive = "N"

select deploy
replace all archive with "X" for archive = "N"

return

Patrick

On Mon, 09 Aug 2004 21:54:08 GMT, Leemi@online.microsoft.com (Lee
Mitchell) wrote:

>Hi Patrick:
>
>Do you know what record in the table causes the problem? If you upsize the
>tables in either the VFP8\samples or VFP8\Data folders, do you get a
>similar error?
>
>What version of SQL Server are you using? What compatibility level is SQL
>Server running when you run the Upsizing wizard?
>
>I hope this helps.

>Sincerely,
>Microsoft FoxPro Technical Support
>Lee Mitchell
>
>*-- VFP9 Public Beta Now Available!! --*
>Download the VFP9 beta here: http://msdn.microsoft.com/vfoxpro/
>
>*-- VFP8 HAS ARRIVED!! --*
>Read about all the new features of VFP8 here:
> http://www.universalthread.com/VisualFoxPro/News/VFP8Release.asp
>Purchase VFP8 here:
> http://shop.microsoft.com/Referral/Productinfo.asp?siteID=11518
>
>Keep an eye on the product lifecycle for Visual FoxPro here:
>http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?id=fh;[ln];lifeprodv
> - VFP5 Mainstream Support retired June 30th, 2003
> - VFP6 Mainstream Support retired Sept. 30th, 2003
>
>>I get an error after I upsized an VFP database, then try to append
>>from a VFP table to the SQL Server. Its an SQL error which states as
>>follows...
>
>>Connectivity error: conversion of char data type to datetime data type
>>resulted in an out-of-range datetime value.
>

>>Now there is only one field that is a datetime in the SQL table and
>>only one field in the VFP table which is a date field. I have tried
>>changing that field in the VFP table to a datetime data type but still
>>get that error.
>
>>The results from aerror() are as follows.
>
>>? aerror(1) = 1526
>>aerror(4) = 22008
>>aerror(5) = 242
>>aerror(6) = 1
>
>>anyone have any clue where the problem is? or what else would you need
>>to see to help me with this problem
>
>>TIA
>>Patrick

Relevant Pages

  • RE: Fulltext failure on a 2 node cluster
    ... Server full-text search resource online: "SQL Cluster Resource 'Full Text' ...
    (microsoft.public.sqlserver.clustering)
  • Re: HELP PLEASE ~ ???
    ... You mentioned that it went ahead and added a SQL ... SQL Server 2000 database for all my data. ... find the connectionString in the newly recreated SQLExpress database. ... The connection string specifies a local Sql Server Express instance ...
  • Re: Multi-Channel Raid VS SAN Storage
    ... A 5~6 years old server is a very old server. ... As I mentioned, the server is one node in a cluster environment, and SQL is ... We actually are running RAID 1+0 and our aplication is definately more ... needs it's own SAN device, or at least a dedicated IO channel on the SAN. ...
    (microsoft.public.sqlserver.setup)
  • Error during pre-login handshake: SSL certificates and IIS?!
    ... After rebooting the server, people were telling me that SQL wasn't working anymore. ... If I'd be installing a new certificate, manually, I think I would break up again the SQL... ... Scott wrote: ...
    (microsoft.public.sqlserver.server)
  • RE: How do I get back to base SQL server on my SBS 2003 server?
    ... After you uninstall SQL 2005, the instance which you upgraded will not go ... Uninstall and then reinstall ISA server. ... Uninstall and then reinstall the Monitoring component. ... Tools to Maintenance, change Monitoring component to Install, and then ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)