RE: Upsizing a VFP 8.0 database

From: Lee Mitchell (Leemi_at_online.microsoft.com)
Date: 08/09/04

    Date: Mon, 09 Aug 2004 21:54:08 GMT

    Hi Patrick:

    Do you know what record in the table causes the problem? If you upsize the
    tables in either the VFP8\samples or VFP8\Data folders, do you get a
    similar error?

    What version of SQL Server are you using? What compatibility level is SQL
    Server running when you run the Upsizing wizard?

    I hope this helps.

    Sincerely,
    Microsoft FoxPro Technical Support
    Lee Mitchell

    *-- VFP9 Public Beta Now Available!! --*
    Download the VFP9 beta here: http://msdn.microsoft.com/vfoxpro/

    *-- VFP8 HAS ARRIVED!! --*
    Read about all the new features of VFP8 here:
       http://www.universalthread.com/VisualFoxPro/News/VFP8Release.asp
    Purchase VFP8 here:
       http://shop.microsoft.com/Referral/Productinfo.asp?siteID=11518

    Keep an eye on the product lifecycle for Visual FoxPro here:
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?id=fh;[ln];lifeprodv
       - VFP5 Mainstream Support retired June 30th, 2003
       - VFP6 Mainstream Support retired Sept. 30th, 2003

    >I get an error after I upsized an VFP database, then try to append
    >from a VFP table to the SQL Server. Its an SQL error which states as
    >follows...

    >Connectivity error: conversion of char data type to datetime data type
    >resulted in an out-of-range datetime value.

    >Now there is only one field that is a datetime in the SQL table and
    >only one field in the VFP table which is a date field. I have tried
    >changing that field in the VFP table to a datetime data type but still
    >get that error.

    >The results from aerror() are as follows.

    >? aerror(1) = 1526
    >aerror(4) = 22008
    >aerror(5) = 242
    >aerror(6) = 1

    >anyone have any clue where the problem is? or what else would you need
    >to see to help me with this problem

    >TIA
    >Patrick

    • Re: Local View vs Remote View
      ... view for SQL Server tables or the one containing the remote view for VFP ... I'm trying to create forms which will handle both VFP data and SQL Server ... The VFP tables used in this case are counterparts of the ones used ...
      (microsoft.public.fox.helpwanted)
    • Re: SV: Fox to SQL Server
      ... I use Agent too, and I see the same thing. ... Anders' replies have 'SV:' prepended to the subject. ... >>Another way is to create a connection in a VFP datebase to the SQL Server DB ...
    • RE: Local View vs Remote View
      ... Some data will be from SQL Server and some from VFP. ... be accessed using ODBC remote views. ... Table1 and table2 have structures ...
      (microsoft.public.fox.helpwanted)
    • Re: SV: Fox to SQL Server
      ... >Another way is to create a connection in a VFP datebase to the SQL Server DB ... >Open Help and search 'remote view'. ... >VIEW, TableUpdateand all the SQLPassThrough functions, that is the ...
    • Re: Visual FoxPro vs MS-SQL
      ... In many scenarios, it may well be a wash. ... applications as much as the database engine itself. ... SQL Server supports greater query complexity with little care about how many ... VFP generally wins until you're getting into the million record arena. ...
      (microsoft.public.fox.vfp.dbc)