db IV to vfp, MEMO fields & COM Server

From: pjr (voilapjr_at_hotmail.com)
Date: 08/09/04

Date: Mon, 9 Aug 2004 10:09:58 -0700

Hello,
I have not programmed in foxpro in 8 years so this might be a dumb question.

I have a dbase 4 fdbf with a dbt Memo file when i run the getxml function
code in the vfp ide,
the "convert memos"dialog box pops up to ask if i want to remove dbase
'soft' carriage returns from memos. whether I choose YES or NO , the code
runs.
When i create an instance of myclass in a .net app, an exception occurs. i
am sure it is because of "convert memos"dialog box interaction.
Is there any way to get rid of this dialog, by using some default setting or
some SET MODE TO Silent. Help!!!!!!!!!!!!
Thanks!

Ultimately i just want to read a db4 file from a dot.net app. i have tried
several odbc oledb options but i failed to make them work with db4 files
that do not have ".dbf" extention, have memo fields and deleted records.
some of these options stop reading records after the first deleted record is
encountered ???

Define Class myclass As Session OlePublic

 Function GetXML(thisFile As String)As variant
 Set Compatible On Noprompt
 Use &thisFile Alias Row
 Cursortoxml("row","lcXML",2,2)
 Use
 Return lcXML

enddefine

Relevant Pages

  • Re: open dBASE files with memo fields using VFP9
    ... I agree that the use of these files should be painless but I get a "Memo ... > Foxpro will convert the dbt to a fpt. ... > file will NOT be readable by dbase any longer. ... I haven't seen an honest-to-goodness dbase file ...
  • RE: Table Type
    ... The KEYBOARD "YN" will NOT update any fields when I USE a vfp table because ... > 0x31 Visual FoxPro, autoincrement enabled ... > 0x63 dBASE IV SQL system files, no memo ...
  • Re: Table Type
    ... Rick Bean wrote: ... >> 0x63 dBASE IV SQL system files, no memo ...
  • Re: open dBASE files with memo fields using VFP9
    ... The various version have different bytes at offset 0. ... FoxBASE+/Dbase III plus, no memo: ... dBASE IV SQL system files, ...
  • RE: Table Type
    ... 0x31 Visual FoxPro, autoincrement enabled ... 0x43 dBASE IV SQL table files, no memo ... 0x63 dBASE IV SQL system files, ...