Upsizing a VFP 8.0 database

From: Patrick (Draynor_at_wallyworld.com)
Date: 08/09/04

Date: Mon, 09 Aug 2004 10:24:57 -0400

I get an error after I upsized an VFP database, then try to append
from a VFP table to the SQL Server. Its an SQL error which states as
follows...

Connectivity error: conversion of char data type to datetime data type
resulted in an out-of-range datetime value.

Now there is only one field that is a datetime in the SQL table and
only one field in the VFP table which is a date field. I have tried
changing that field in the VFP table to a datetime data type but still
get that error.

The results from aerror() are as follows.

? aerror(1) = 1526
aerror(4) = 22008
aerror(5) = 242
aerror(6) = 1

anyone have any clue where the problem is? or what else would you need
to see to help me with this problem

TIA
Patrick

Relevant Pages

  • Re: INSERT syntax error OleDB
    ... > The conversion of a char data type to a datetime data type resulted in an ... about updating dates on an SQL server, with another project I found that I ... had to write to SQL using US format, and SQL would then proceed to save it ...
  • Re: Error msg 242
    ... "Tom Cooper" wrote: ... The only way in SQL to force evaluation order is with a CASE expression. ... The conversion of a char data type to a datetime data type resulted in an ...
    (microsoft.public.sqlserver.server)
  • Re: Error msg 242
    ... Your WHERE clause is ... The only way in SQL to force evaluation order is with a CASE expression. ... The conversion of a char data type to a datetime data type resulted in an ...
    (microsoft.public.sqlserver.server)
  • Re: Creating SQL Tables programmatically
    ... You use the SQL command CREATE TABLE, in principle the same as in VFP, ... adjusted for datetype and data type names. ... See Books-On-Line. ...
    (microsoft.public.fox.vfp.queries-sql)
  • Dateconversion
    ... When the currentCulture is "sv" the sql statement below executes ... "The conversion of a char data type to a datetime data type resulted in an ...