Re: multiple exe

From: Lee Mitchell (Leemi_at_online.microsoft.com)
Date: 08/05/04

Date: Thu, 05 Aug 2004 17:56:17 GMT

Hi Wilson:

Does this exe work if you call it from the VFP Command window with the
Do... WITH syntax?

Does adding a SYS(2450,1) to the main program of the exe help?

If you exclude the report and place the FRX and FRT files in the same
folder as the allreports.exe does it work?

I hope this helps.

Sincerely,
Microsoft FoxPro Technical Support
Lee Mitchell

*-- VFP9 Public Beta Now Available!! --*
Download the VFP9 beta here: http://msdn.microsoft.com/vfoxpro/

*-- VFP8 HAS ARRIVED!! --*
Read about all the new features of VFP8 here:
   http://www.universalthread.com/VisualFoxPro/News/VFP8Release.asp
Purchase VFP8 here:
   http://shop.microsoft.com/Referral/Productinfo.asp?siteID=11518

Keep an eye on the product lifecycle for Visual FoxPro here:
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?id=fh;[ln];lifeprodv
   - VFP5 Mainstream Support retired June 30th, 2003
   - VFP6 Mainstream Support retired Sept. 30th, 2003

>When I execute this command "DO allreports.exe WITH "emp_list"", the
program
>starts. But I get the error message as the file "emp_list" does not exist.
>But this file is added/included in allreports.exe.

>Hope it is clear

>"Lee Mitchell" <Leemi@online.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi Wilson:
>
> You say "But it does not work as expected." What do you mean? Do you get
an
> error? Is the wrong data printed? Do you not see the preview window?
>
> I hope this helps.

rights.

> Sincerely,
> Microsoft FoxPro Technical Support
> Lee Mitchell
>
> *-- VFP9 Public Beta Now Available!! --*
> Download the VFP9 beta here: http://msdn.microsoft.com/vfoxpro/
>
> *-- VFP8 HAS ARRIVED!! --*
> Read about all the new features of VFP8 here:
> http://www.universalthread.com/VisualFoxPro/News/VFP8Release.asp
> Purchase VFP8 here:
> http://shop.microsoft.com/Referral/Productinfo.asp?siteID=11518
>
> Keep an eye on the product lifecycle for Visual FoxPro here:
> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?id=fh;[ln];lifeprodv
> - VFP5 Mainstream Support retired June 30th, 2003
> - VFP6 Mainstream Support retired Sept. 30th, 2003
>

> >Thanks for the info. I have created multiple project like main project
with
> >code, all forms in another project and all reports in a third project.
But
> [...]
> >
> > DLLs created with VFP are not function libraries as you can create them
> with
> > f.i. C++. The dll files in VFP are COM-components (single-or
> > multi-threaded). This means that when you create a DLL with VFP you'll
> have
> > to instanciate an OLEPUBLIC class within that dll to access code within
> the
> > library.
> >
> > FI
> > DEFINE CLASS SayHello AS Custom OLEPUBLIC
> > PROCEDURE SayHello(cString)
> > STRTOFILE(cString, "log.txt")
> > ENDPROC
> > ENDDEFINE
> > Save the following code to SayHello.prg and compile the dll using
> > BUILD PROJECT SayHello FROM SayHello.prg
> > BUILD DLL SayHello.dll FROM SayHello
> > in the command window (BTW. I'm using a single threaded dll here, to
> create
> > a multithreaded dll use BUILD MTDLL)
> > There's a good piece of info in the VFP help on 'Creating Automation
> > Servers'
> >
> > Problem you'll find is that COM-components in DLL CAN'T visually
interact
> > with the user. If you want your library to visually interact with the
> user,
> > you'll have to compile the secondary project to an EXE or an APP. This
> gives
> > you the possibility to have a completely other design because now you
can
> > have a main startup program or form which starts when you activate the
app
> > or exe (do 2ndappfile.exe)
> > You can also use SET CLASSLIB to refer to a classlib in the other
app-file

> > HTH,
> > Sietse Wijnker
> >
> > "Noble Thomas" <nobletk@optusnet.com.au> wrote in message
> > > I am using VFP 6. My EXE file is getting bigger and bigger, which
makes
> us
> > > hard to send file via email for support. So we have decided to use DLL
> > > projects for easy support.
> > >
> > > To test functioning of DLL's I have created a small project with a
> > function
> > > to display "Hello World" and used the following command to call, but
> giver
> > > error "Cannot fing the entry point SayHello in the dll".
> > >
> > > This is the program
> > > -----------
> > > SayHello() && Calling the function
> > > FUNCTION SayHello
> > > =MESSAGEBOX("Hello World 123")
> > > ENDFUNC
> > > -----------
> > >
> > > Command issued is
> > > --------------
> > > declare SayHello in test1.dll
> > > ?sayHello() **** gives error *****
> > > ---------------
> > >
> > > Any help would be appreciated.
> > >
> > > If anyone can forward a small project like this to demo dll function,

Relevant Pages

  • Re: deploy CR with vb6
    ... >what dll can i add to my project to deploy CR with oledb access. ... >run my .exe to open a report, i have one error which say me "Error ...
    (microsoft.public.vb.crystal)
  • Re: multitheared dll and reports
    ... We ended up producing a seperate program (exe) for the reports. ... and the report program is written generic enough, ... a different language to create a dll. ...
  • Re: How best for dll to "report progress"?
    ... How can a dll report back periodic progress events to the app which created ... I'm trying to get my exe form to act as the task manager/ progress reporting ... and the progress bar gives additional visual cue of activity. ...
  • Re: Patel
    ... transfer in LINUX and i also used Power builder 6.0 for report purpose. ... that power builder reports (.exe and .dll) files are not working under LINUX. ...
    (comp.os.linux.development.system)
  • Re: Editors
    ... some strip them on exe files by default. ... "preferred base address" and, yup, relocations are completely ... DLL files, though, aren't loaded into their own address space but are ... EXE's "entry-point", though, is not "special" in that it's just an ...
    (alt.lang.asm)